Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    Rock River Arms UTE with mid length barrel. I have an Aimpoint ML2 mounted on top and the red dot co-witnesses with my iron sights. I have a Wilderness sling attached.

Over 8,000 rounds without a rifle related failure. I have had 2 rounds not fire due to hard primers. I have fired Wolf, PMC, Remington, Winchester and British RG surplus ammunition through the weapon. I pull a Bore Snake through the barrel and lube the rifle every 300 rounds during a long range session. I thoroughly clean the rifle every 1,000 rounds or when I feel the rifle looks a little too grungy.

Accuracy is still sub 2 MOA with good ammunition and sub 5 MOA with anything that will feed through the rifle.

Go ahead and hurt my feelings.......

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elia.jon1 View Post
    5 rd group

cheap academy ammo

and that quote about the lpk was how they are sold thru bcm, model 1, cmmg, del ton...its most likely dpms...dont be a jerk it was in quotes for a reason

I checked BCM's website, and there was no mention of USGI in any of the LPK's they sell, and certainly not "current USGI manufacture".

Not being a dick but details count. Did you buy that LPK thinking it was built to the same specs as what goes into military guns?

What brand is it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 RING View Post
    Rock River Arms UTE with mid length barrel. I have an Aimpoint ML2 mounted on top and the red dot co-witnesses with my iron sights. I have a Wilderness sling attached.

Over 8,000 rounds without a rifle related failure. I have had 2 rounds not fire due to hard primers. I have fired Wolf, PMC, Remington, Winchester and British RG surplus ammunition through the weapon. I pull a Bore Snake through the barrel and lube the rifle every 300 rounds during a long range session. I thoroughly clean the rifle every 1,000 rounds or when I feel the rifle looks a little too grungy.

Accuracy is still sub 2 MOA with good ammunition and sub 5 MOA with anything that will feed through the rifle.

I'm not sure...isn't this what this thread supposed to be about?
    Ready Magazine
    Follow Ready Blog on Twitter

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    with the quotes you should have understood i knew it was cheap parts
    can you tell me the dif between a dpms stag and rra lpk?

and as far as accuracy testing open sights vs scope doesn't matter when it strapped to a lead sled the scope doesn't magically make the gun more accurate than it was without it

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    with the quotes you should have understood i knew it was cheap parts
    can you tell me the dif between a dpms stag and rra lpk?

and as far as accuracy testing open sights vs scope doesn't matter when it strapped to a lead sled the scope doesn't magically make the gun more accurate than it was without it

Sure. Quite a few people have come online with issues with RRA and DPMS LPK's with things like broken mag catches, broken trigger pins, detents that don't work right, ect. You don't see those issues near as much with say, Colt, because they actually test the parts before they send them out. Stag seems to be pretty decent, and Ive used a few of them in the past. However I still used Colt bolt and mag catches.

5 round groups as not good for determining the accuracy of a rifle. 3 10 round groups averaged out is better.

Also if you look at a Colt A2 grip or carbine stock they are made with much better materials than other grips which tend to be made with hard slick plastic. Colt has a slight rubbery feel to them. Other grips usually also have horrible mold lines left...all my Colt grips as smooth with no mold lines. Not a big difference but its little details like that which make a difference to adding up to a better gun in the long run that is less likely to break, and shows the corner cutting other companies do.

But if you are happy with your purchase then that is what matters, and I hope it serves you well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Sure. Quite a few people have come online with issues with RRA and DPMS LPK's with things like broken mag catches, broken trigger pins, detents that don't work right, ect. You don't see those issues near as much with say, Colt, because they actually test the parts before they send them out. Stag seems to be pretty decent, and Ive used a few of them in the past. However I still used Colt bolt and mag catches.

5 round groups as not good for determining the accuracy of a rifle. 3 10 round groups averaged out is better.
    Good to know. I have thought this for awhile, especially when you read things like "5 rounds with one flyer, or the group would have been unbelievably small", but it is good to hear someone who shoots more often that I am able to.

Also if you look at a Colt A2 grip or carbine stock they are made with much better materials than other grips which tend to be made with hard slick plastic. Colt has a slight rubbery feel to them. Other grips usually also have horrible mold lines left...all my Colt grips as smooth with no mold lines. Not a big difference but its little details like that which make a difference to adding up to a better gun in the long run that is less likely to break, and shows the corner cutting other companies do.
    I'll second this. The grip on my gun is just above acceptable (in that it doesn't cause physical harm and allows me to shoot pretty well). Any thoughts on the MagPul MAID grip?

But if you are happy with your purchase then that is what matters, and I hope it serves you well.
    Now we're getting somewhere.
    Ready Magazine
    Follow Ready Blog on Twitter

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

When did you purchase the gun?

C4

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Give the Man a prize! You're a breath of fresh air. Thanks for the info and for getting things back on track.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)

both of these guns are 1 in 9 twist but i wanted that cuz i shoot 55grain

This is something I forgot to address earlier.

What makes you think a 1/7 or 1/8 will not shoot 55 grain bullets?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrt View Post
    =============================

You know when you add up all that you are NOT getting for $70, it seems that the DPMS’s of the world are the higher priced guns. The problem is no one tries to put a price or value on all of the differences but with a little digging, I think you can see that the low-tier gun makers are actually “scalping”.

....But maybe it's just me...

Nope, it is me too and am totally with you on this. When somebody goes out and spends $950 on a Rock River carbine it makes me ask the same question. What did you really get? A $700 AR for $950?

I have some Rock River stuff and a couple friends do as well. It was Drake at Magpul that actually turned them on to them years ago when he was a deputy sheriff. He and a friend had one that we ran the pants off one day and they both ran like champs but back then their prices were more reasonable. The DEA thing made their prices increase while I believe their quality dropped.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast