Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    There comes a point that all one can do is smile and nod when conversing with an individual that has enormous emotional capital invested in their DPMS, Oly, BM, etc. No amount of evidence to the contrary will sway their opinion.

Over Thanksgiving I was talking with a relative that sang the praises of XD's and DPMS, and preferred the Beretta 96 series over the S&W M&P 40 for law enforcement work.

He was absolutely adamant in his view that DPMS made the best carbines in the world, and because he's never heard of Noveske, BCM, etc, the must be trash.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I have come to the point that I am not going to recommend any brand of AR's to anyone. And if someone asks what's wrong with their brand of AR I am going to reply. Nothing at all. Drive on with it.

Well, that's one way to deal with it I suppose. But another, better one may be to simply do what has often been done before. Just offer brief answers accompanied by a reference to one of many tell-tale threads you have contributed to.

Such basic questions will continue to come up again and again, no matter how many stickies are posted. Since the issue seemingly can't be avoided, maybe just stick to generic but factual responses and let other knowledgeable members do the rest.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

IG

Good to hear from you sir. Hope all is well.

Another option could be that you are blind and only purchase weapons that have a good roll mark that you can "read".
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have to admit that I regret starting this thread.
    ....I have come to the point that I am not going to recommend any brand of AR's to anyone. And if someone asks what's wrong with their brand of AR I am going to reply. Nothing at all. Drive on with it.
    ==============================

Iraqgunz,
    This is a out of context from its original intent but I think it applies:
    "Let us not become weary in doing good..."

I, for one, have gone up the quality chain of AR's due to the time and efforts of you and others. Whether that means anything or not, but I appreciate that you have "invested" yourself in eradicating ignorance in “AR-ology”. Thanks.

Don't give up and take care.

Feedback Score
    I have to admit that I regret starting this thread.
    Well, I appreciate it, as I always learn something from these threads.

However, until those companies change their attitude and business model it's not going to happen. Some companies think that theirs is good enough and they keep cranking them out for whatever reason (lack of concern, knowledge or profit margins).
    Personally, I like the free market, and I like the fact there are always choices.

If folks were really upset with the quality, they'd quit buying them. That right there is the only thing (IMO besides contractual agreements and maybe the goodness of their hearts) that will make them modify their manuf and assembly requirements.

I've met folks that claim, "my xyz gun is as good as your Colt, plus I can't afford a Colt."

The second part of that is pure BS.

If you can shell out $700.00 for an xyz gun, and I see you at the range, you're not flat broke.

Do what the rest of the planet does: curb your spending, and save until you reach the goal.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I completely agree with this. Trying to convince others is difficult. Primarily because we live in a "microwave" society that wants everything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    Well, I appreciate it, as I always learn something from these threads.

Personally, I like the free market, and I like the fact there are always choices.

If folks were really upset with the quality, they'd quit buying them. That right there is the only thing (IMO besides contractual agreements and maybe the goodness of their hearts) that will make them modify their manuf and assembly requirements.

I've met folks that claim, "my xyz gun is as good as your Colt, plus I can't afford a Colt."

If you can shell out $700.00 for an xyz gun, and I see you at the range, you're not flat broke.

Do what the rest of the planet does: curb your spending, and save until you reach the goal.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    I tell people that all the time! The purchase of an AR is a one time expense, and the difference in money between and mid and top shelf is small, and when you average a few hundred dollars over say ten years, it is nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post

The analogy I commonly use is, what's the difference between GTG and good-as in terms of extra value meals at your favorite fast food haunt? How many sit-down dinners out? Cases of beer? Putting it in such terms helps people better grasp how small and manageable the difference is, and what BS arguments to the contrary are.

This can also be adapted and used with CLEOs and bean counters stuck on false-economy.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I have come to the point that I am not going to recommend any brand of AR's to anyone. And if someone asks what's wrong with their brand of AR I am going to reply. Nothing at all. Drive on with it.
    The point at which I realized Pat Rogers deserves his reputation for being an excellent instructor, was when he said to the class that he's only going to tell us something 99 times.

i.e. he knows students need to hear it more than once, since they don't pick up something the first time they hear it. by the third or fourth time, it might start to sink in a bit. by the 20th time you tell them something, they've hopefully had some experience that enables them to start understanding it. of course, some learn slower than others, and for a few there eventually comes a time when you realize they're just not ever going to get it, so you also realize there's a point to stop.

we can learn a lot more from people like him than just how to shoot

of course, another wise man once said "never argue with a fool. people might not be able to tell who's who"

Feedback Score
    Gunz-

What the hell did you start here, bro?

And Mr. Howe-

Thanks for your replies here, I was actually surprised to see you return to this thread given all the shenanigans. And thank you for dedicating your time to passing on your knowledge to the LE community, God knows we need it. To anyone here who has made snide comments about Mr. Howe, I suggest you read his books and the articles he's posted online. I think you'll find he's one of the guys who "gets it." I've had a few light-bulb moments from reading his stuff ("Well that makes sense, why didn't I think of that?"). I haven't trained with him yet, but he's on my very, very, very short list of people I'll spend my hard-earned cash and vacation time on.

Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast