Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

look

double post
    Last edited by jklaughrey; 11-02-10 at 08:26.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Hey geek

No need to troll and attempt to stir that pot.
    Last edited by STAFF; 11-02-10 at 08:26. Reason: No need to push the issue.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seacoastnh View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be interesting, but the chart lovers have arived like ants at picnic.

Okay chart lovers lets hear what makes the “Chart” more useful than a consumer report that ranks a Hyundai over a Honda because the Hyundai has better acceleration and two more speakers?
    That's exactly the point man. It's the only consumer report on manufacturing quality and specification that I could find! How is that a problem to you?

Let me guess when you buy a car you just walk up to the one you want, sit in it, and drive off...
    Last edited by STAFF; 11-02-10 at 08:26. Reason: Avoid using the F Bomb please.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselgeek View Post
    My oh my you stamp a seal on my point every time you post. We're going to be great friends.
    The majority of all your posts lack any technical value. You are in a technical forum so please discuss the facts.

If you do not know any facts in regards to this subject, keep your fingers away from the keyboard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The best thing About the Chart is that so many people are better educated now than they were before that I don't even have to bother spanking the idjits. It's like they're standing on the side of the road screaming "the moon is made of green cheese!"
    Rob,

Well I can tell you that of all the research I did on brand quality ext before my purchase the only thing I found that even came close to answering some of my questions was The Chart, and this forum.

With that said wasn't IG's intention for starting this thread to discuss the lower tier guns and hear what people who own them think of them, and why they bought them? Seems like most of the people that I am assuming own lower tier guns are simply bitching and moaning about The Chart. Turning this into just another thread knitting circle where they can all stroke their egos. I'm three pages into it and haven't heard a single person other then myself and Grumpy talk about their rifles...
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    All I can say is I am a Vietnam era vet. Did I serve in Vietnam...no. I was just post Vietnam. I trained with the old M16 that probably had seen wartime service. I qualified Expert. Our biggest concern was crappy ammo. Cases and cases of ammo some with the bullet dislodged. Some with the bullet seated in too far. The M16 I fired was capable of making pop-up silhouette target hits at 300 meters with iron sights. If I did my part, the weapon did it's part. There was no burst switch. It was either selective fire or full auto.
    When it was clear that Obama was going to become president, I contacted my best friends dad(ret. Army Col. FFL) to obtain an M4 style rifle for me. I asked for a different brand and after waiting about 6 months in the week I moved from Alabama back home to Arizona, he had obtained a Del-Ton. I didn't know anything about this site at that time.
    After starting to follow this site, I started finding out about staking, HPT, alloys,... and the like.
    Ultimately, all my weapons are SHTF weapons. I don't have wads of cash to spend. For the weapons I own I want to be able to carry most of the spare parts I need in case I need to bug-out at some point. And I want extreme reliability. I have settled on a good 870 shotgun, a good AR variant, and a Glock. I also have a Wilson Combat KZ. I have moved away from .45 to .9mm due to the ability to carry more ammo.
    For this site, I have nothing but kudos. It has been truly eye opening.
    At some point, I would like a middy BCM and put the Del-Ton upper out to pasture. With age comes clarity and wisdom.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STAFF View Post
    The majority of all your posts lack any technical value. You are in a technical forum so please discuss the facts.

If you do not know any facts in regards to this subject, keep your fingers away from the keyboard.
    Oh the technical things like "your bushmaster is a piece of shit"

Got it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidevolk View Post
    So it sounds like the lower isn't as important as the upper. For those of us with crappy gun uppers, what's the best way to sell off these things at a "fair" price?
    I'd say try the equipment exchange on TOS - plenty of people over there that would pay a "fair" price (i.e. close to what you paid for it) for it.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselgeek View Post
    Oh the technical things like "your bushmaster is a piece of shit"

Got it.
    People are entitled to their opinion on guns and gear. If someone makes a claim (like what you posted), they should back it up with some technical facts.

The fact remains that none of your posts are discussing anything of any technical value.

Provide the link where someone told you that your BM is shit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAFF View Post

Provide the link where someone told you that your BM is shit.
    That's what I'm wondering. The poster should read the first few paragraphs of my detailed description of my rifle (my long post), hell read the whole thing for crying out loud.

I have yet to meet a rock climber that if given sufficient scientific data that his climbing harness is prone to failure, will stick by that harness and swear his/her life on it. Same goes for cold weather gear, for tires on cars ext... When Firestone tires were blowing up on Ford Explorers how many people that still had those original tires on the cars were arguing that the data was bullshit? I know that if the tires hadn't exploded two years prior to the release of the data on our Explorer, we would have replaced them in a heartbeat, and not suffered from a 80 mph blowout on a Wyoming highway.

That is the purpose of collecting data, and that is the purpose of this thread. I have yet to see any Oly, or BM, or DPMS owners post photos of their properly staked carrier key, ext. If these companies are improving their QC this is the thread where owners can illustrate those improvements by presenting us with the data.

You'll notice that I have several complaints about my SW rifle, and I have a theory why the problems I have seen happened. It is very obvious however that SW addressed some of these issues with their newer runs of the M&P. It is for those reasons that they sit further to the left of the chart. But they still sit behind BCM. Is my ego hurt because of this? No, but I am 1000x more educated as a result of this forum. I would have resigned myself to the failures I had had I not had easy access to data and experience.

No one is telling you "bushmaster is shit", they are simply saying that due to Data A, Data B, and Data C there are better more reliable options out there that you can spend your money on.

Nothing about this thread is challenging your manhood.
    Last edited by Mac5.56; 11-02-10 at 10:40.
    -me

-coworker

Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast