Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdH View Post
    This is all I said.
    What you implied is they're the same. I know of a leather company that builds the same product of thinner leather for a huge mail order company and they use the same part number. It is not the same product it is inferior even though the same company, people and machines make it. When you go in with cash and an order for thousands of a product they will make it to your spec. It is done by other industries too. It is the way the business world works.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    They make the same pieces for Del Ton, RRA and Bushmaster.
    Unless all of those companies submit the same specs/tolerances and have the same QC as FN; they aren't the same pieces other than in general appearance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    What you implied is they're the same. I know of a leather company that builds the same product of thinner leather for a huge mail order company and they use the same part number. It is not the same product it is inferior even though the same company, people and machines make it. When you go in with cash and an order for thousands of a product they will make it to your spec. It is done by other industries too. It is the way the business world works.
    No, I implied that you email and check for yourself.
    LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a Bushmaster that I put 60 rounds through without a hitch. Sure wished I hadn't unloaded it and bought a BCM 16" middie

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    No, I implied that you email and check for yourself.
    What you implied is silly and inconsequential.

As of July 1, 2009, the sole-source clause of the “M4 Addendum” expired. The Army now has the right to use the M4 TDP to second source production, as an extension of the 1967 licensing agreement for the M16. Until the end of calender year 2037, the Army will have to pay 5% in royalties to Colt for every M4 procured from second sources.

The TDP remains Colt proprietary data, and any second source M4 contractor will be required to sign non-disclosure agreements just as they do for the M16. The non-disclosure/non-use agreements for accessing the TDP will forbid the other companies from using Colt’s proprietary data for commercial sales. Once their military contract ends, the company will be required to be destroy all of the TDP information provided to them.

The following link provides the US Army’s standard non-disclosure/non-use agreement for contractors accessing the M16 TDP:

https://aais.ria.army.mil/AAIS/Solin..._Agreement.doc
    Anything else you care to add to the discussion (that's not silly of course)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    What you implied is silly and inconsequential.

Anything else you care to add to the discussion (that's not silly of course)?
    Does this mean they will not tell you the tolerance of their commercial products?

call, email. I've nothing more to say because I don't have a horse in your race.
    LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

Feedback Score
    this will blow your mind, 100 yd group from a 100% reliable cheap build that's not top tier....
    Attachment 6981
    tactical innovations lower, del-ton heavy midlength upper 1/9 twist chrome lined, bcm bcg, yhm diamond free float tube, timney 4# skeleton, red head epic scope with red-head see-through rings(quicker and easier than getting a riser or paying big loot for larue stuff). I've shot 500+ each trip on various trips to the range shooting wolf, walmart's tul-ammo, hornady, ati 62 gr, various handloads, and the list goes on never experiencing any malfunction.

the del-ton upper from the factory had a very loose barrel nut, but is unchanged except for adding the new handguard and the bcg.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 12-30-10 at 12:18. Reason: Excessive pic size
    MSI EXECUTIVE MEMBER: ask me about my empty holster.
    http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Does this mean they will not tell you the tolerance of their commercial products?

call, email. I've nothing more to say because I don't have a horse in your race.
    I'll take that as a no.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey0118 View Post
    this will blow your mind, 100 yd group from a 100% reliable cheap build that's not top tier....
    Attachment 6981
    tactical innovations lower, del-ton heavy midlength upper 1/9 twist chrome lined, bcm bcg, yhm diamond free float tube, timney 4# skeleton, red head epic scope with red-head see-through rings(quicker and easier than getting a riser or paying big loot for larue stuff). I've shot 500+ each trip on various trips to the range shooting wolf, walmart's tul-ammo, hornady, ati 62 gr, various handloads, and the list goes on never experiencing any malfunction.

the del-ton upper from the factory had a very loose barrel nut, but is unchanged except for adding the new handguard and the bcg.
    Attachment 6982
    What I came away from your post with that was valuable:
    the del-ton upper from the factory had a very loose barrel nut, but is unchanged except for adding the new handguard and the BCM bcg.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey0118 View Post

======================================

OK, sample of one cheap jury-rigged Bass Pro Chinese-scoped rifle that is accurate for 4-shots??

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    ....If you have faith in your weapon, sign up for a 5 day carbine class & let us know how it worked out for you.
    ======================================

To me, GermanSynergy's advice in the above quote is the best in this Thread.

Smokey, it looks like your Post contradicts your signature line.

Last edited by ucrt; 12-29-10 at 23:18. Reason: Spelling

Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast