Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Back to my climbing gear analogy. If your life is depending on it you inspect it frequently, you replace stuff as needed, you know what it's capabilities are and you will be fine.

If I was going to try El Cap would I pack out with the same stuff as I had for the Adirondacks? No. Would I brag that I could summit Cap with my "hobby climber gear"? and that my stuff was "as good as or better than" the better quality stuff? No. But it worked just fine and I trusted my life with it within the parameters I was climbing in.

Just to be clear, I have no "problem" with the rankings you guys have put together here. Not all rifles are created equal. Agreed. But I think that some of the "I wouldn't trust my life to that low tier gun" is a bit of an overstatement at times depending on who you are talking about. Hell my dept SWAT team uses...gasp...Bushmasters! Horrors!

YMMV.
    Only an overstatement until a lower tier rifle malfs while defending ones life, ann ones life is lost. Then it is an understatement.

I know of an incident with one of my former best friends (RIP) that wound up dead due to inferior parts in an AR-15 carbine that failed to chamber a round during a home intrusion. He's dead, had he gone with a better rifle he may still be dead, but his chances would have been better.

I'll always take better chances/odds than staking them up against myself due to poor/illinformed chioces.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 01-12-11 at 12:18.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    You've been to sex training?
    Isn' that what college is?
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    A fall is a fall in my book. You will be just as dead falling from a cliff in the Adirondacks as you would falling off a cliff on a larger mountain.

A gun fight is a gun fight. No matter if you wear a uniform or not.

C4
    It's not about the fall. Its about how the gear is used and the overall needs/demands of the route and if the gear is sufficient for the task.

On one hand we hear "your Bushmaster will probably never fail. Im talking about reliability for guys that shoot multi-K round courses multiple times a year". Then later its "don't trust your life to a gun unless its a...."

For the "average joe" who isnt running his gun hard all year long most of these "lower tier" guns will work absolutely fine in a home defense scenario and the idea that a BM is going to suddenly break at any second is a bit of a leap. That isnt saying that the gun is "better than" a top tier. Or even "as good as" (never said that). And if you are out to buy right now and can find/afford a Colt vs a BM...by all means buy the Colt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's not about the fall. Its about how the gear is used and the overall needs/demands of the route and if the gear is sufficient for the task.

On one hand we hear "your Bushmaster will probably never fail. Im talking about reliability for guys that shoot multi-K round courses multiple times a year". Then later its "don't trust your life to a gun unless its a...."

For the "average joe" who isnt running his gun hard all year long most of these "lower tier" guns will work absolutely fine in a home defense scenario and the idea that a BM is going to suddenly break at any second is a bit of a leap. That isnt saying that the gun is "better than" a top tier. Or even "as good as" (never said that). And if you are out to buy right now and can find/afford a Colt vs a BM...by all means buy the Colt.
    It's all about odds, and the odds that a BM/RRA/OLY will fail is higher than that of a colt/DD/BCM. It isn't magic, it is odds. A higher chance at failure,means a higher chance at failure during a time when a failure could mean your life. I like the odds to be on my side as much as possible.

I'm not saying that the RRA/OLY/BM won't work when you need it to save your life, I am saying that it has a higher percentage chance of not working VS. other higher quality rifles.

Odds are odds, it's up to you to decide if you want them in your favor or not...
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 01-12-11 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Agreed

Grant I fully agree with you. Thankfully, my father alleviated me of my prefrontal cortex and amygdala disallowing me from not having foot in mouth moments and being fearful of guys twice my size. Have I receive dressing downs and ass whoopings...yep. Will I continue to say what I need to in either text or FTF, yep. Again another reason why men need wives to rein in our tendencies to be pricks.

PS, I would call him "fat" right after I offered him all you can eat ribs and beer. Of course I would be kidding. I prefer to have my head attached to my neck.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Or training.
    That too!

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I think we are talking past each other.

Climbing gear is to prevent and or save you from a fall (which will most likely kill you).

A gun is for protecting your life.

How much value you put on that is a personal decision. My life is worth more than a BM. YMMV.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    Grant I fully agree with you. Thankfully, my father alleviated me of my prefrontal cortex and amygdala disallowing me from not having foot in mouth moments and being fearful of guys twice my size. Have I receive dressing downs and ass whoopings...yep. Will I continue to say what I need to in either text or FTF, yep. Again another reason why men need wives to rein in our tendencies to be pricks.

PS, I would call him "fat" right after I offered him all you can eat ribs and beer. Of course I would be kidding. I prefer to have my head attached to my neck.
    Right on. Wives are good "ego" checkers aren't they.

Just when you think your "tits", your wife explains to you how much you suck at most everything you do.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 01-12-11 at 13:08.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Well unfortunately this thread has outlived its' purpose because some people still can't get a clue. So its' going to take a break for a while. Maybe some of you can sit back, relax and read through here and understand why it was started.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192