Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rules of Kickin' Ass for the Non-Military.....

Feedback Score

Rules of Kickin' Ass for the Non-Military.....

Dear Civilians, 'We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem- kick their ass.

2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest - kick their ass.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.

4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be 'Special Forces'.Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you wereseven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get yourass kicked.

5. Next time you come across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, 'Do you fly a jet?' Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).

6. If you witness someone calling the Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake - and kick their ass.

7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

9. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me - stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your ass!

10. 'Flyboy' (*Air Force*), 'Jarhead' (*Marines*), 'Grunt' (*Army*), 'Squid' (*Navy*), 'Puddle Jumpers'(*Coast Guard*), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them could get your ass kicked.

11. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families, every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors,marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them our country would get its asskicked.

12. It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.

It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

AND ONE MORE:

13. If you ever see anyone singing the national anthem in Spanish - KICK THEIR ASS

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Interesting

Number 4 stands out the most, I'm very fortunate that the majority of the "Service Members" I meet boast that they're SF, Seals, Force Recon, etc etc. Then when I tell them I'm a Marine they usually get real humble and quiet.

Coast Guard get my respect.

Semper Fi
    Last edited by Ak44; 11-01-10 at 21:23.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score

Semper Fi...Jarhead!!

Medal of Honor citation
    The citation for the Medal of Honor, which was presented to Douglas Munro's parents, reads as follows:

DOUGLAS ALBERT MUNRO, SIGNALMAN FIRST CLASS, U.S. COAST GUARD

For extraordinary heroism and conspicuous gallantry in action above and beyond the call of duty as Officer-in-Charge of a group of Higgins boats, engaged in the evacuation of a Battalion of Marines trapped by enemy Japanese forces at Point Cruz, Guadalcanal, on September 27, 1942. After making preliminary plans for the evacuation of nearly 500 beleaguered Marines, Munro, under constant risk of his life, daringly led five of his small craft toward the shore. As he closed the beach, he signaled the others to land, and then in order to draw the enemy's fire and protect the heavily loaded boats, he valiantly placed his craft with its two small guns as a shield between the beachhead and the Japanese. When the perilous task of evacuation was nearly completed, Munro was killed by enemy fire, but his crew, two of whom were wounded, carried on until the last boat had loaded and cleared the beach. By his outstanding leadership, expert planning, and dauntless devotion to duty, he and his courageous comrades undoubtedly saved the lives of many who otherwise would have perished. He gallantly gave up his life in defense of his country.

Douglas Munro's Medal of Honor is on display at the United States Coast Guard Training Center Cape May in Cape May, New Jersey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Albert_Munro

He got this saving Devil Dogs...not military my butt!!-WW

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No offense intended with my statement. CG gets my respect
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    Good post, seen it before, but always enjoy a reread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    No offense intended with my statement. CG gets my respect
    Not in the least...just like to remind folks you ain't gonna find a big war we haven't fought in..we lost a Coastie in the Gulf just a few years ago. We just fill a wierd nitch so the Posse Comitatus doesn't have to apply....hey it was Congress's ideas back in the 1790's he-he. We never were DOD..well kinda depending on the war needs. We just had a few guys graduate from SEAL school, got their tridents and everything...(So Easy A Coastie Could Do It) ha ha!-WW

Love the thread!!!!!!! Aint hijacking no more!!!! Carry on shipmates!
    Last edited by Wetwork; 11-01-10 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    God, I love me some Coasties.

What is their motto says, "You must go out"?

Noone said you have to come back.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.
    Check your fire. I am a disabled veteran and I don't need anyone's help to deliver a properly deserved ass kicking, nor do many of my buddies who are also disabled vets.

When I returned from Iraq I had a bit of a chip on my shoulder and thought the public somehow owed me something. The fact is, it was my choice to serve and they didn't owe me shit. You should respect Veterans just the same as you respect the next guy on the street. We are no better, we are no less. The latter is the important part. We are no less for serving at war -this is something the public had to be reminded of after Vietnam.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    6. If you witness someone calling the Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake - and kick their ass.
    A friend of mine is in the Coast Guard... I always say to him "Its not like you're in the Navy, calm down"

What? I think its funny...
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

LOL

I got a buddy and a cousin who are "Puddle Pirates", God I love them. Aways good for picking up the damn bar bill for a bunch of drunk Devil Dogs and Swabbies.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast