Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to Buy Glock Gen 4 Magazines?

Feedback Score
    Add me to the list of people who bought "new ambi cut" 17 mags from CDNN. They're not gen 4. They don't work with the magazine catch reversed. I sent them a curt email asking them to clarify their description on the website and got no response. Probably won't order from CDNN again.

I bought 2 from midway, which explicitly labels the mags as gen 4. They work with the magazine catch reversed.
    Last edited by jh9; 12-26-10 at 09:52.

Feedback Score
    When I was looking for the Gen 4 mags, back in the summer the only place I found them was at Ed's Public Safety.

http://www.edspublicsafety.com/

As has been said, there is some confusion by dealers as to what is and what is not a Gen 4 mag so make sure you contact a dealer to ask. When I spoke with CDNN this past summer, they were advertising Gen 4 mags for sale but on the phone they explained it was not the same mag shipping with the Gen 4 pistols. -Perhaps that has changed now. Whatever the case, if there's any doubt, contact the seller to make sure you're both on the same page.
    "Looks like I'm the only one here with a mug full of antidote."

"If I'm standing on it, it's America..."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Check Palmetto State Armory.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Gen 4 Glock 17 and 22 mags were available before the guns. I'd recommend buy locally so you can verify that they are actually Gen 4 mags or buy them directly from Glock Inc.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone tried the Asian Glock mags? I have not changed the mag release on my weapon. Just looking for a few extra mags at a good price.

Feedback Score
    The locals I know who have tried them generally have had trouble with them when they put them through their paces.

Good gear costs money. Stick with the factory mags.
    "Looks like I'm the only one here with a mug full of antidote."

"If I'm standing on it, it's America..."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Add me to the list of people who bought "new ambi cut" 17 mags from CDNN. They're not gen 4. They don't work with the magazine catch reversed. I sent them a curt email asking them to clarify their description on the website and got no response. Probably won't order from CDNN again.

I bought 2 from midway, which explicitly labels the mags as gen 4. They work with the magazine catch reversed.
    I received 6 Gen4 G19 magazines from CDNN this afternoon...the real deal...with #6 followers...
    Last edited by varoadking; 12-30-10 at 12:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by varoadking View Post
    I received 6 Gen4 G19 magazines from CDNN this afternoon...the real deal...with #6 followers...
    So to clarify, the ones currently from CDNN WILL work with the mag release switched to the right side for LH shooters such as myself??? I saw conflicting reviews about cdnn's "4th gen" mags elsewhere...
    Have you tried it with the LH release?

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have a side by side photo showing the different magazines? What exactly is the difference between Gen 3 and the Gen 4?

I'm just curious because I recently bought a Gen 3 Glock 19 and don't know if they are shipped with Gen 4 mags? From what I'm reading they might be Gen 4s????

Feedback Score
    I buy my Gen 4 mags from Ed's Public Safety 5 for $100. I think if you have them shipped they charge $5 for flat rate shipping.

http://www.edspublicsafety.com/index.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast