Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama is in complete denial...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Yeah I watched a couple hours of it.
    I got bored with the local coverage and got tired of Fox News saying Breaking News, over and over, when they already reported who the projected winner of a certain district or state was.

So, for entertainment purposes, I switched to MSNBC in time to see Lawrence O'Donnell and Rachel Madow looking depressed and saying that this wasn't really a Republican or Tea Party Victory. They were saying the sweep of the house wasn't really as bad as predicted.

Actually, watching the whole panel was like being at a funeral. It was like they were all standing around and saying "At least Grandma is in a better place".

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Yep. Time to put up or shut up. If republicans don't take steps to reduce spending, 2012 will bring a liberal resurgence.
    Exactly..

This trip to India with the entourage of 3,000 @ $200 million a day is completely insane. Stopping that trip would be a good start.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Yep. Time to put up or shut up. If republicans don't take steps to reduce spending, 2012 will bring a liberal resurgence.
    I couldn't agree more.

It's time to be smart and to show some real leadership. Unfortunately, the left will portray this as Republicans being nothing more than obstructionists.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    I wouldnt say people wont take trains. Id rather take a train than fly. Much less hassle. Road a passenger train from Chicago to Colorado then Colorado to Arizona. Sure, it took longer than flying, but it was also much less hassle and much more comfortable. Not to mention more enjoyable than driving all that way.

If we had the rail system China had, Id never fly again. It was foolish for this country to rip out all the rail lines like we did.

Flying is a hassle because the TSA has ruined the entire experience. The first time I flew on a plane I think I was six, and got to sit in the cockpit for a little bit and they gave me a set of "wings". Air travel used to be somewhat enjoyable. Today the experience is nude scanners, pat downs, and everyone gets treated like a terrorist.

The only way rail travel is profitable or works in any capacity is huge population centers, countries full of poor people, and in places like Europe where they price auto travel out for enough people their only method of travel is public transportation. Lots of people over there simply cant afford to own a car or if they do they cant afford the gas. Just in Germany to get a license is around $2500.

If you want to see what a failure rail transit is just look at AMTRAK. Just to stay somewhat competitive cost wise every ticket is subsidized (some several hundred), and they lose over a billion a year. A completely self sufficient rail system would cost 2-3X ticket compared to air or auto travel costs. Not to mention its much slower than air.

If rail was really a good way to travel some business would have already capitalized on it. The only way it will happen now is if local, state or the fed government's tax people and build it anyways. Thats not a way to operate a country, and adds yet another layer of spending that sucks money out of the economy that could be put to better use. Subsidies breed inefficiency because it almost always alters what would have been the normal course of economics. Just like ethanol being forced into gas to subsidize farmers. Now our gas is less efficient, it ruins small engines, and the cost of corn products goes up. There is a reason trains for human transportation outside of AMTRAK and other gov run operations are mostly just novelties anymore.
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 11-03-10 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodandsteel View Post
    I got bored with the local coverage and got tired of Fox News saying Breaking News, over and over, when they already reported who the projected winner of a certain district or state was.

So, for entertainment purposes, I switched to MSNBC in time to see Lawrence O'Donnell and Rachel Madow looking depressed and saying that this wasn't really a Republican or Tea Party Victory. They were saying the sweep of the house wasn't really as bad as predicted.

Actually, watching the whole panel was like being at a funeral. It was like they were all standing around and saying "At least Grandma is in a better place".

Really? Most predictions had the r's gaining about 50-55 seats. Last I saw they were at 60+. No one really said they would take the senate.

I think the predictions were pretty close to what happened even a little conservative with the house numbers.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Watching his press conference he is refusing to admit his agenda was on the chopping block, and that 60+ new republicans in Congress has anything to do with it. They got elected because the dems didn't push hard enough, and he says what he did was right.

Also says the economy is "not his fault", the debt is not his fault, and they plan to use the lame duck session to cram as much shit down our throats before R's take control of house in Jan.

He is going to try to use the EPA to institute cap and tax "its under their jurisdiction".

This dude is not pulling a Slick Willy. He is going to push on with his far left/commie agenda however he can.

Also have not seen him smile one time.

I doubt even if he is a one termer he will "get it". In his head he will believe it wasn't his agenda that did him in, and turned the country back over to republicans. He is going to think he didn't push hard enough and communicate his message. He is in complete denial that last nights elections was America saying "no more!".

Oh he also whined about China having better trains than us. Uh maybe because in the US everybody but basically the homeless and those on life support drives a car. No one here but the inner city bums and city dwellers have any need for mass transportation. No one is going to be hoping on a train over taking a flight or just driving. What do you do if you need to go from X city to Y city, and your destination is 5 miles from the train station? Walk? Take a taxi? Mass transportation rarely works here, and no one wants to spend billions of dollars building a huge rail network for human travel. This also isn't Europe where gas is 6-8 dollars a gallon, and many people simply cant afford to drive much if at all. Thats why they all have to drive diesels or tiny ass smart cars if they drive at all.

Now I really hope the republicans can get some candidates that can actually be competitive, and don't go around talking about how we have nothing to fear from Obama. We have a lot to fear about him unless you are a hard core statist who thinks the gov should spend unlimited amounts of money, and have unlimited amount of control over us and our economy. Of course they will probably run a democrat like Romney who is about 80% of Obama.
    When I heard at around 1900-2000 last night that Baghdad Bob, err, Nancy Pelosi still thought that the democrats were on track to hold the house, I knew for absolute certain that these people actually believe the "we didn't press hard enough" nonsense. They don't get it, they are firmly in denial and fantasyland. That's not going to change, and they are going to push harder. They must have actually believed that they were going to win despite all evidence to the contrary. Totally delusional...

I'd love for Boehner to drop a "we won" on Obama's dumb ass when they all get together for their next pow-wow and Obama tries to tell them how it's going to be. I don't think it'll actually happen, but it'd be karmic and fitting.

And yeah, it's time to put up or shut up, the Republicans have a small window to really make a difference or it's going to bite them hard in 2 years.
    Last edited by Palmguy; 11-03-10 at 14:42.

Feedback Score
    Really? Most predictions had the r's gaining about 50-55 seats. Last I saw they were at 60+. No one really said they would take the senate.

I think the predictions were pretty close to what happened even a little conservative with the house numbers.
    Those weren't my words.

It was what ODonnell and Madow were talking about. At the time the Republicans were up something like 45 seats and they made it sound like that was about it for the Republicans. I think they were trying to find ome bit of hope. They claimed that this was not going to be viewed as a historic election.

This discussion took place midway into the evening.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodandsteel View Post
    Those weren't my words.

It was what ODonnell and Madow were talking about. At the time the Republicans were up something like 45 seats and they made it sound like that was about it for the Republicans. I think they were trying to find ome bit of hope. They claimed that this was not going to be viewed as a historic election.

This discussion took place midway into the evening.

I know what you meant. My comments were directed at they said.

But yeah they are delusional. Their entire ideology is based on illusions and an alternate made up truth. Its no wonder Pelosi would be out there saying they were going to retain the house. She lost it by a huge margin. Its like there is a parallel universe we live in and one they live in where everything is opposite of each other.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Obama

His lack of common sense and overwhelming abuse of power while he has his head firmly in the clouds, due to some obscure vision of what he thinks America should be is criminal. I wish he had enough sense to step down or at least go hide in the closet with Michelle until 2012.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    You know it's a good election night when no one on MSNBC talks about a tingle going up their leg.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast