Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Al Franken/Minn V2.0....dems find bag of ballots in Conn.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,577
    Feedback Score
    41 (98%)

    Al Franken/Minn V2.0....dems find bag of ballots in Conn.

    For those who don't know the governor's race in Conn is very close, and the SOS for the state is being very sketchy when it comes to even announcing a winner.



    Now this shit:


    In what has become one of the stranger twists in an already bizarre Governor's race, a bag of uncounted ballots was found in Bridgeport Thursday night.

    Republican officials were approached by Democratic operatives and told about the surprise ballot bag, according to Bridgeport GOP Chairman Marc Delmonico.
    http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/e...106727208.html



    Gee lets just stall the results, find ballots in trunks of people's cars, on the side of the road, in dumpsters, whatever it takes right? Filthy ****ing liberal scum have no qualms about frauding elections just so their guy wins.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,577
    Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    While I bring this up its so convienent the major polling houses said Angle would win in NV by 4 points, and she ends up losing by 5. A swing of 9 points? In the last 3 elections Ive found results for the most they were off was 2-3.



    It just so happens SEIU union goons were in charge of the voting machines.




    I don't have any proof of anything in NV but Ill just say if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck its probably a duck. These polling houses very rarely are more than 4-5 points off. Just so happens they were off by 9 here (almost double their extreme errors?).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,142
    Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    scum, scum, scum...God has a place for all of them.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    8,371
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why are ballots in a bag and not a locked ballot box? Why were they not with all the other ballots? Etc etc etc

    Unless the chain of possession can be shown for the ballots they should be discarded.
    formerly known as "eguns-com"
    M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    http://www.eguns.com/www.eguns.com/Closeouts.html
    "eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    1,261
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's not clear from the article where or how exactly the bag of votes was found, hopefully that'll be fleshed in more detail in the future.

    As for jumping to claims of voter fraud, I'll hold off until I have more information. Due to apparent ballot shortage, any number of proper voting procedures weren't really followed on election night - the ballots may well be legitimate.

    As a minimum, it'd behoove us to wait and see if these ballots even have any effect on the race, it's not like it's actually keeping anyone from taking office, and if the ballots don't change anything this whole incident will simply be much ado about nothing.

    One thing's for sure, this whole thing has reminded me how fortunate I am to vote in a municipality that has electronic balloting - no running out of ballots, no missing bags, no hanging chads, no bullshit.
    Last edited by ChicagoTex; 11-05-10 at 04:29.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Soviet Republic of NJ
    Posts
    1,692
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Liberals using underhanded ways of making sure they stay in power? Say it isn't so! LOL

    This is why so many people just say F-it and don't vote.

    Quote Originally Posted by m4fun View Post
    scum, scum, scum...God has a place for all of them.
    Thats all fine and dandy... but in the mean time the are f*cking up life for those here on earth. Who cares what happens to them after they're gone, they already did the damage.
    ..It was you to me who taught
    In Jersey anythings' legal, as long as you don't get caught.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,577
    Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Apparently the election has been certified, and the dem won by around 6k votes. I think the "found bag of ballots" was counted.



    Of course if the dem still showed a loss they'd hold off for another few days while just enough bags of ballots were found to show he won, then certify it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,577
    Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex View Post
    It's not clear from the article where or how exactly the bag of votes was found, hopefully that'll be fleshed in more detail in the future.

    As for jumping to claims of voter fraud, I'll hold off until I have more information. Due to apparent ballot shortage, any number of proper voting procedures weren't really followed on election night - the ballots may well be legitimate.

    As a minimum, it'd behoove us to wait and see if these ballots even have any effect on the race, it's not like it's actually keeping anyone from taking office, and if the ballots don't change anything this whole incident will simply be much ado about nothing.

    One thing's for sure, this whole thing has reminded me how fortunate I am to vote in a municipality that has electronic balloting - no running out of ballots, no missing bags, no hanging chads, no bullshit.


    The election was very close. Within about 6-7k with over a million voting. A couple cases of fraud can throw an election when you're dealing with that kind of numbers.



    How can an "oops we found a bag of ballots from 2 days ago" while they were using copies of real ballots, and not checking ID's not send red flags up? That reeks of fraud.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    1,261
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    to be sure, my proverbial red flags are/were up. The fundamental problem is this district was intermingling genuine ballots with copies of ballots they started using once they ran out of genuine ballots. It is my personal belief that the entire district should've been disqualified at that point because a copy of a ballot is not a ballot.

    I don't recall reading anything about not checking IDs, where do you get that?

    Finally, we have yet to know the vote contents of the bag. If they were 50/50 Republican/Democrat for example, the bag had no effect on the race. If there were less than 6000 in the bag, even if they were 100% for the democratic gov candidate, the bag had no effect on the race.

    I'm sorry, I'm just going to need something more substantial than "we found a bag containing who knows how many votes for who knows whom" to declare ZOMG voter fraud.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,577
    Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex View Post
    to be sure, my proverbial red flags are/were up. The fundamental problem is this district was intermingling genuine ballots with copies of ballots they started using once they ran out of genuine ballots. It is my personal belief that the entire district should've been disqualified at that point because a copy of a ballot is not a ballot.

    I don't recall reading anything about not checking IDs, where do you get that?

    Finally, we have yet to know the vote contents of the bag. If they were 50/50 Republican/Democrat for example, the bag had no effect on the race. If there were less than 6000 in the bag, even if they were 100% for the democratic gov candidate, the bag had no effect on the race.

    I'm sorry, I'm just going to need something more substantial than "we found a bag containing who knows how many votes for who knows whom" to declare ZOMG voter fraud.

    You're never going to find out the contents of the bag.


    Also interesting was Bridgeport was held open for voting hours after most everywhere else was closed down (R strongholds). They even handed out pizza to people waiting in line.


    To me that alone should disqualify the entire election. You can't have areas open for polling in one cadidates favor open longer than the others.


    In my eyes this entire election up there was so mishandled the entire thing should be redone. Its hard to believe in 2010 a state can't run an election without a bunch of garbage mixed in. Paper ballots should be serialized, and tagged with the voters name and other info. The chain of custody should be well outlined, and get the state police involved in safeguarding them for all I care. But this shit about finding bags of ballots has got to stop. Even if its just an idiot who was working the polling location it lessens the perceived validity of our elections. They need to do it right, fair, and honest. Not a cluster**** with copies of ballots, some polling locations staying open later than others, finding bags of ballots days later, not being able to trace ballots to registration cards, ect.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    1,261
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In my eyes this entire election up there was so mishandled the entire thing should be redone. Its hard to believe in 2010 a state can't run an election without a bunch of garbage mixed in. Paper ballots should be serialized, and tagged with the voters name and other info. The chain of custody should be well outlined, and get the state police involved in safeguarding them for all I care. But this shit about finding bags of ballots has got to stop. Even if its just an idiot who was working the polling location it lessens the perceived validity of our elections. They need to do it right, fair, and honest. Not a cluster**** with copies of ballots, some polling locations staying open later than others, finding bags of ballots days later, not being able to trace ballots to registration cards, ect.
    On this, we are in total agreement.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •