Thread: Glock 30SF issue question

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Glock 30SF issue question

I bought my G30SF today took it to the Range and put 80 rounds through it.
    Gun is brand new with new model number trigger bar (-1- trigger bar) and etc.

What was happening was strange.

about 4 times during the 80 round test firing, I was seeing the slide move back into battery when releasing the trigger after the shot...

I was shooting from trigger reset almost every time, At first I didn't notice it it I thought the slide just felt sluggish the first couple of times it happened then I noticed that when i was releasing slowly and waiting for the reset click of the trigger the slide was moving back into battery a 1/4 to maybe 1/8 of an inch....

I brought it back to glock inc today and they told me they could not get it to repeat issue and the tech did shoot from reset about 20 shot..
    Anyone experienced this? is it just "break in" ???
    Last edited by davebee456; 11-08-10 at 18:14.
    "People talk 45. shoot 9mm and carry 38." Jeff Cooper
    now it would be - "People talk G19, Shoot G34 and Carry G43"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I experienced this same thing when I got my 30sf about a year and a half ago. It just felt "sluggish" as you mentioned. It always worked though... I later searched the issue on Google and glock talk. I found that some owners of this model found that there was a failure to return to battery issue. The actual failures seemed few and far between and users mentioned the problem worked itself out. I recommend searching for "g30sf FRTB" or something to that affect and you will turn up with some info. Again, I never had a stoppage while shooting but I did notice that sluggish delay as the slide moved forward. To this day I've never had a failure with my 30sf and it now functions smooth as ever. Took a couple hundred rounds before it felt better for me. Good luck!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thank you so much for answering.
    the FTRB issues were due to trigger bars initially and they have changed the trigger bar to a new spec and marked it -1- so that supposedly fixed however this issue bothered me but if it cleared up for you maybe that gives me hope.
    Last edited by davebee456; 11-08-10 at 21:20.
    "People talk 45. shoot 9mm and carry 38." Jeff Cooper
    now it would be - "People talk G19, Shoot G34 and Carry G43"