Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama is in complete denial...

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)

Obama is in complete denial...

Watching his press conference he is refusing to admit his agenda was on the chopping block, and that 60+ new republicans in Congress has anything to do with it. They got elected because the dems didn't push hard enough, and he says what he did was right.

Also says the economy is "not his fault", the debt is not his fault, and they plan to use the lame duck session to cram as much shit down our throats before R's take control of house in Jan.

He is going to try to use the EPA to institute cap and tax "its under their jurisdiction".

This dude is not pulling a Slick Willy. He is going to push on with his far left/commie agenda however he can.

Also have not seen him smile one time.

I doubt even if he is a one termer he will "get it". In his head he will believe it wasn't his agenda that did him in, and turned the country back over to republicans. He is going to think he didn't push hard enough and communicate his message. He is in complete denial that last nights elections was America saying "no more!".

Oh he also whined about China having better trains than us. Uh maybe because in the US everybody but basically the homeless and those on life support drives a car. No one here but the inner city bums and city dwellers have any need for mass transportation. No one is going to be hoping on a train over taking a flight or just driving. What do you do if you need to go from X city to Y city, and your destination is 5 miles from the train station? Walk? Take a taxi? Mass transportation rarely works here, and no one wants to spend billions of dollars building a huge rail network for human travel. This also isn't Europe where gas is 6-8 dollars a gallon, and many people simply cant afford to drive much if at all. Thats why they all have to drive diesels or tiny ass smart cars if they drive at all.

Now I really hope the republicans can get some candidates that can actually be competitive, and don't go around talking about how we have nothing to fear from Obama. We have a lot to fear about him unless you are a hard core statist who thinks the gov should spend unlimited amounts of money, and have unlimited amount of control over us and our economy. Of course they will probably run a democrat like Romney who is about 80% of Obama.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Narcissism is an odd thing, isn't it?
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I hope the Dems don't try and pass some underhanded BS on their way out.

I still have my fingeres crossed for a repeal of Obamacare but I doubt it will happen.

Obama is simply an idealist, like Stalin, Lenin, Marx or Hitler. He will never admit he is wrong because in his mind, he is not. In his mind he is enlightened and we simply lack the capacity to understand his vision. He is one of those people who will stare you right in the eyes and tell you that the sky is orange with green stripes just because he thinks it should be.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Is it possible that he may have been watching MSNBC, lastnight?

They were in denial as well.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I hope the Republicans will de-fund:

Evironmental Protection Agency
    OSHA
    Department of Labor
    Department of Agriculture
    White House Czars
    Department of Energy
    National Public Radio
    Department of Education
    Department of Health and Human Services
    Department of Housing and Urban Development
    National Endowment for the Arts
    Public Broadcasting System

foreign aid except to a select 5 or 6 countries, and then only very targeted aid. No more free food, medicine, etc. International welfare is just as wrong as homeland welfare.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodandsteel View Post
    Is it possible that he may have been watching MSNBC, lastnight?

They were in denial as well.

Yeah I watched a couple hours of it. Obama is not the only lefty that thinks the election last night was a result of dems not pushing hard enough. One dolt on there said this wouldn't have happened if they had pushed the public option. Another one said the r's are going to ruin the recovery if they cut off spending and lower taxes. The ideology and way they arrive at certain conclusions is really really stupid. Yeah the economy would get better if we just suck more money out of it via taxes! Idiots...

I hope they push so far left 2012 is even a bigger year for us after people realize the new democrat party that came to power during GWB term is not the dems of the old. They are not fiscal conservatives like they were in the past. They are commie radicals who hate America, have complete ass backwards ideology that doesn't make any sense, and want to push the country into a little Europe like all knowing state.

Edit: Also a lot of the house seats that were lost were from districts that had more conservative democrats in them. The majority of the seats they kept were from districts that were commie anyways. That means many of the dems still in office are the far left types. They are not going to be willing to budge much at all on anything.
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 11-03-10 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Narcissism is an odd thing, isn't it?

Come the 2012 election he is not going to take responsibility for any failures. He is going to blame his entire first term on Bush and the republicans.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
    I hope the Republicans will de-fund:

Evironmental Protection Agency
    OSHA
    Department of Labor
    Department of Agriculture
    White House Czars
    Department of Energy
    National Public Radio
    Department of Education
    Department of Health and Human Services
    Department of Housing and Urban Development
    National Endowment for the Arts
    Public Broadcasting System

foreign aid except to a select 5 or 6 countries, and then only very targeted aid. No more free food, medicine, etc. International welfare is just as wrong as homeland welfare.
    i'm curious to see if the republicans finally have the stomach to actually REDUCE spending.

thus far i have never seen a political party take any serious action to reduce spending.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    I wouldnt say people wont take trains. Id rather take a train than fly. Much less hassle. Road a passenger train from Chicago to Colorado then Colorado to Arizona. Sure, it took longer than flying, but it was also much less hassle and much more comfortable. Not to mention more enjoyable than driving all that way.

If we had the rail system China had, Id never fly again. It was foolish for this country to rip out all the rail lines like we did.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    i'm curious to see if the republicans finally have the stomach to actually REDUCE spending.
    Yep. Time to put up or shut up. If republicans don't take steps to reduce spending, 2012 will bring a liberal resurgence.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast