I know we have some financially well-informed folks here, so what does anybody know about the supposed investment opportunities for dinars?

My inlaws have become convinced that buying Iraqi Dinars before a future revalue is going to potentially make them a fortune. They've got the grandma and sister-in-law to buy some as well. I remain unconvinced. Unfortunately their talk keeps my wife worried about it and she's all but convinced that we're missing out on something and they're all going to be rich and we'll be fools for missing out.

Research seems all but impossible because searches just turn up websites parked at every domain name thinkable, non of which exude any form of legitimacy, and some very old articles warning investors to be careful.

My gut says its all just a little too easy and too good to be true, plus the fact that I can see the same story has been being sold to investors since the war started and its always "this is going to happen next month!!".

Anybody know anything factual about this? I'm not looking for investment advice, but what I am interested in is legitimate info that I can use to help my wife (and her family) understand the truth of the matter.