Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a new 45

Feedback Score

Need a new 45

Ok so I am in the market for a new 45 cal handgun. I need some help Selecting on.
    It will mostly be for ccw, I carry a G17 for ccw and a beretta for work. I am looking at G21SF and the hk45c v1. I am open to other suggestion but no 1911's.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Why are you looking at the HK45C V1? Are you interested in carrying cocked and locked? Is LEM out of the question?
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Feedback Score
    My EDC is a G30SF. I also CC a G21SF when I wear a jacket. I love packin' my .45's!
    I treat everyone with respect. I stack them in my trunk neatly.

Keeping the "oath" since 1980.

Okay. Now we do it my way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post
    Why are you looking at the HK45C V1? Are you interested in carrying cocked and locked? Is LEM out of the question?
    Well I tried lem a while ago and didn't care for it, also striker fired and da/sa triggers are what I am most likely to run in to around the world.

Feedback Score
    M&P midsized .45 seems like an obvious option to consider.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    M&P45 Middy. Full size grip, 10 rounds, 4 inch barrel and about the size of a beefier G19. http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...%20Midsize.pdf I own the full size version and love it, but bought it well before the mid sized versions came out. The M&P45 is not as pricey as other high end .45's, but they are very durable and have out of the box performance. Add an Apex Sear if needed and it's GTG.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 11-09-10 at 10:01.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Duty station here....duty station there...
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abn45bravo View Post
    It will mostly be for ccw, I carry a G17 for ccw and a beretta for work. I am looking at G21SF and the hk45c v1. I am open to other suggestion but no 1911's.
    Having any muscle memory issues at work? I know I have in the past when I tried carrying different weapons from CCW to duty weapon. When you get into dynamic and stressful training shoots, you'll often fumble for controls that aren't there, and your trigger control will be off with lots of trigger jerk. This has been a major training issue, and policy revision with many Federal agencies as little stuff like this has negatively effected officer involved shootings. Since I'm required to carry a Sig on duty, I tried going with the Glock for CCW for a while. I went back and forth for a while, but each time I mixed my muscle memory it negatively effected my performance with both platforms.

My advice from one cop to another is, master what you carry on duty, and try not to mix up your skills by training too much with another weapon platform. The officer that trains regularly with his duty weapon, and refrains from using other types of handguns will almost always be the better gun fighter. Fear the man who has only one gun.......he will know how to use it.
    Last edited by Entropy; 11-09-10 at 10:02.
    "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but a fool's heart to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2

Glock Armorer
    Sig Sauer Armorer
    Colt M16/M4 Armorer
    Remington 870/11-87 Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    I have looked at the m&p but stories of triggers going tits up, kind of turned me off. Are those problems a thing of the past? Cause I shot one in 45 when they first came out and liked it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    1000+ on what entropy stated.

With that stated the ones I'd look at are the Glock 21/21SF or 30/30SF whichever fits your hands the best. Also definitely worth a look is the M&P line. Both the full and mid size. Not sure what the mid size gains wrt concealed carry, but it may balance better for you. Also worth a look would be the Sig220 if your hands can handle the size.

I love the HK45's but they are hard on the budget to get accessories for. Mags cost twice as much and not a lot of sight options out there, and your going to want to ditch the retarded glow in the dark sights for some tritium ones for sure.

Feedback Score
    Just to clarify I am not a police officer I work for Dod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast