Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M&P 9mm VS M&P 40 S&W

Feedback Score
    Nothing gun related but for me it's either .45 or 9mm. I just don't like the way a .40 recoils. Guess it's too much of a snap where the 9mm is a pop and .45 is a push.

I do have a 9C, 45C, and a 9FS (it'll be here on Wednesday) that have been mostly trouble free through a combined 35K rounds, although I've developed a dead trigger in the 9C that Apex is taking care of and a failure to fire that hopefully a new striker will fix.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Buying a gun to cure "boring" is treating the symptom, not the disease.

"Boring" is a whole other set of problems, none of which can be solved by a caliber switch.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4CARBINE556 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm seriously considering buying a S&W M&P handgun soon, do you think I should buy a 9mm or 40 S&W? It will be used for plinking at the range and possibly home defense, Ive shot a 40 cal before which I really liked, but never a 9mm. I like that the 9mm holds 2 extra rounds and that ammo is cheaper, but I'm afraid that it might be boring to shoot compared to the 40, any thoughts? Thanks
    If you are using this for HD, then "boring" should not be a considration. The best handguns I own are "boring": they put the bullet where I want it to go and go 'bang' everytime. So, Im not really sure why this would be a consideration.

Having said that, here some more practical things to consider:

• 9mm is cheaper
      9mm holds more rounds
      9mm has less recoil

• 40 has better barrier penetration
      40 has larger expansion (lets not into a debate)
      40 can be converted to .357 sig or 9mm with a conversion kit

There is no universal right answer, only the one that is right for YOU. Food for thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123