Page 29 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    And again, others bring up the TDP, not me. I specifically avoid even discussing it, and the "mil-spec" loaded word, as I do not believe that it is germane to the discussion. I frankly don't care where the list of requirements came from, I only care to list features that are offered and who offers them.
    I'd like to say thanks to Rob for doing putting this list together. You can look at the list as a 'who offers what for how much' list. So depending on your criteria for a M4(ish) gun, you can find a manufacturer that has what you want and look at overall value of what you are getting. There is great value in being able to do this.

I don't see why people assume that this is a 'which is best' list. It is only listing desirable features and who offers what.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UVvis View Post
    I'd like to say thanks to Rob for doing putting this list together. You can look at the list as a 'who offers what for how much' list. So depending on your criteria for a M4(ish) gun, you can find a manufacturer that has what you want and look at overall value of what you are getting. There is great value in being able to do this.
    Thank you. This is entirely the point. I do want to make one edit to something you said though.

It is only listing features some may find desirable and who offers what.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Who has the TDP on this site and is thus able to verify that what is claimed to be TDP, is really TDP? Without this, it becomes "Second hand information WITHOUT a source." No?
    Some of the site sponsors on this forum have it. I also talk to other people outside of this forum that have access to it. One of the companies that I talk to about what the TDP says is Sabre Defence.

There is also a difference between information that I post and information from someone that we do not know.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 10-19-07 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfurr View Post
    If I may, let me claify a few things about my earlier post.

1. I am not "the" or "a" industry insider. My definition of an insider in this context would be someone who works for a manufacturer vs. someone who distributes or retails their products.

2. I am new to this forum and apologize for posting a "secondhand" item without identifying the author. I wasn't aware that is a no-no. The author gave me permission to post the information provided I did not reveal the author or the company for which he works.

3. I certainly did not intend to offend anyone or cause a fuss, so don't be too hard on me. I found the chart interesting and applaud the fellows that obviously went to a lot of trouble to gather the informaton.

An industry insider would generally be someone that has the TDP in their hand. Someone that just distributes/retails a product would not fall into this catagory IMHO.

Your industry insider could be an employee at oly arms. This persons opinion on how a fighting should be built would carry zero water around here.

Unless the person that gave you the info wants share their name and the company that they work for, then please don't bother posting what they have to say.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UVvis View Post

I don't see why people assume that this is a 'which is best' list. It is only listing desirable features and who offers what.
    Agree. The chart just tells you what the Govt calls out and which companies follow it (as best they can). If an option isn't of interest to you, then that is fine.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Some of the site sponsors on this forum have it. I also talk to other people outside of this forum that have access to it. One of the companies that I talk to about what the TDP says is Sabre Defence.

There is also a difference between information that I post and information from someone that we do not know.

C4

Thanks. I am surprised someone has not obtained it via FOIA or something.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for posting this! It looks like as soon as I install the BCM BCG and CTR Carbine Stock MIL-Spec Package, my BM M4gery A2 will be good to go.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Thank you. This is entirely the point. I do want to make one edit to something you said though.

It is only listing features some may find desirable and who offers what.
    Thanks, that is more accurate.

Feedback Score
    that is a great chart . i am curious as to where HK, POF, and LWRC fit in on the chart . would like to hear your input .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TUNNEL RAT 33 View Post
    that is a great chart . i am curious as to where HK, POF, and LWRC fit in on the chart . would like to hear your input .
    They wont fit as the chart is for M4ish type weapons and the ones you listed are piston guns.

Page 29 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast