Page 100 of 140 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    So did I screw myself hard by getting this weapon?
    http://www.stagarms.com/product_info...roducts_id=206

Also have a DPMS that Im saving up to replace the upper with a LMT complete upper.

Just cant afford the higher end ones. Stupid reason maybe,but there it is.
    Last edited by Dualspringfields; 06-28-09 at 21:29.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not picking on you, but you say you have two... lower end (for lack of a better term) carbines? But "can't afford" the better ones? Did you ever consider that maybe one high quality example would be better than two lesser?

One thing that I see rather frequently is a shooter that buys a lower end carbine and adds a lot of similar-quality accessories, or another whole carbine, rather than just buying one of the better quality versions.

Feedback Score
    Yes. Didn't know they were P.O.S. when I bought them. Not alot to choose from around my area. All one sees around here are DPMS,Bushmasters(ALOT),few MP's and now Stag. I bought the Stag after reading an article about them. Cant remember what mag it was in I have it somewhere around here.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The prudent thing to do would be to sell both of those and then purchase (as in order from somewhere else if necessary) a good carbine. Prices are coming down and if you act now you can recoup most of your money from both weapons and easily score a DD M4 (on sale at SGC) or a Colt 6920 or the DD XV when it is released.

I would rather have one good one that works than two that might run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualspringfields View Post
    Yes. Didn't know they were P.O.S. when I bought them. Not alot to choose from around my area. All one sees around here are DPMS,Bushmasters(ALOT),few MP's and now Stag. I bought the Stag after reading an article about them. Cant remember what mag it was in I have it somewhere around here.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    I would use an insert with all springs.
    The point I was trying to make was to pay attention to the size of the spring and not to throw out a good spring and install a weaker one just because it didn't have a black insert or o-ring.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    The point I was trying to make was to pay attention to the size of the spring and not to throw out a good spring and install a weaker one just because it didn't have a black insert or o-ring.
    and it's a good point, and the opposite can happen too.

I pulled apart a S&W extractor the other night, and it had a black insert and o-ring but the spring looked more than a little anemic. Should have snapped a picture.

Feedback Score
    I bought 2 bolt rebuild kits from WOA, who use blue inserts, and they said they have never had a problem with them, nor had anyone called with a problem. That is likely due to the type of users who buy their kits, but also perhaps their springs are "up to spec."

I used the same BCM bolt on 4 different models (20" rifle, 16" carbine, and two 16" middys), and the only one with extraction problems was the CMMG middy. The bolt currently runs great in the 20", which will probably be its final residence.

My 6.8 middy from Constructor has zero extraction problems, which has a very stiff spring, no insert or o-ring. Nice that the 6.8 bolt uses the same rebuild kit as the 5.56.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    I bought 2 bolt rebuild kits from WOA, who use blue inserts, and they said they have never had a problem with them, nor had anyone called with a problem. That is likely due to the type of users who buy their kits, but also perhaps their springs are "up to spec."

I used the same BCM bolt on 4 different models (20" rifle, 16" carbine, and two 16" middys), and the only one with extraction problems was the CMMG middy. The bolt currently runs great in the 20", which will probably be its final residence.

My 6.8 middy from Constructor has zero extraction problems, which has a very stiff spring, no insert or o-ring. Nice that the 6.8 bolt uses the same rebuild kit as the 5.56.

The blue extra inserts do and can work, but they were designed for the rifle length gas system. It is my understanding now that that all .Mil weapons have the black extractor insert (no matter what the gas system).

What the black extractor insert brings to the table is increased density which in turn creates more powerful extraction.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post

That is a Tactical Springs extractor spring, it is almost too strong.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Just wondering how the DSA AR SOPMOD carbine stacks up to the chart

http://www.dsarms.com/AR-SOPMOD-Flat...o/DSZM4CV1SOP/
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Page 100 of 140 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast