Page 101 of 140 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shrockster View Post
    Just wondering how the DSA AR SOPMOD carbine stacks up to the chart

http://www.dsarms.com/AR-SOPMOD-Flat...o/DSZM4CV1SOP/

1/9 twist barrel, no chrome lining. Suppose it uses a MILSPEC receiver extension as it is wearing a SOPMOD stock. No idea what kind of BCG it uses, but the barrel isn't scoring many points. LMT/DD will score better at that price point.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Yeah my bad... everything they have with 1/7 crome lining has MRP uppers... just wondering... I need to pay more attention to reading the descriptions.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    Forgive me if this has been adressed before, but why doesn't the chart have a spot for the type of steel used to make the bolt? I know some manufacturers use carpenter steel, while others use 8620. If the barrel steel is listed why not these?

Feedback Score

BCM complete rifle

Hey, I'm new here.

I've got a "full BCM rifle" that I bought in parts, don't know if you can consider it for the chart.

Bought a 16" midlength upper and charging handle from Bravo Company's website. The BCG I bought brand new from an arfcom member, and the lower I got from Denny's guns.

Only non-BCM parts are the handguards (RRA, I know that's a part of the chart) and rear sight (was a Matech, soon to be LaRue fixed BUIS). Just got my Aimpoint CompML2 in the other day. BCM does make a carry handle.

Quality is top notch. My lower actually had a bum mag catch on it when it arrived, but Paul at Bravo Co. overnighted me a new catch and it works like a champ now.

Upper
    Chrome lined bore/chamber
    1/7 twist rate
    B-11595E/4150 barrel steel
    MP/HPT tested barrel
    Well cut M4 feedramps
    F marked FSB
    5.56mm chamber

BCM's website says Park under FSB and tapered pins, I've not taken it off to check but I've no reason to doubt them.

Lower
    H buffer
    .154 pins
    Mil-spec receiver
    Staked castle nut

Bolt Carrier Group
    MP tested bolt
    Shot peened bolt
    Full Auto carrier
    Black extractor
    Properly staked gas key (although one of my stakes isn't perfect, it'll certainly get the job done)

It's only been to the range once, took an intro to tactical carbine course with it on July 5th. There were supposed to be 6 people in the class but 3 bailed (one burnt his hand on fireworks on the 4th, a husband/wife combo didn't show because it was barely raining).

All 3 rifles were brand new/unfired (I know it's a no-no but I got my lower in right before the class). I had a full BCM, a friend of mine had an LMT Defender 2000, and another guy had a new S&W.

Of the three I was the only shooter with 0 problems. My buddy had 1 failure to feed due to a poorly seated mag, but the S&W was plagued with problems (failure to feed, failure to extract, and even a double feed). The BCM was dead accurate and didn't give me a single hickup. Overall I'm new(ish) to AR's but I'm an internet geek and I've learned alot through reading/researching. The BCM is a great product.

Resize your pictutres to something smaller. ~ The_Katar
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 08-09-09 at 02:47.

Feedback Score
    Doesnt Stag use double handguard shields now? I just got a Model 2 upper yesterday and it had them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Jesus kabob, could you make those pics a little bigger?!

Feedback Score
    Rob_S and all, this is the best source of information I have ever seen. Thanks for all of your hard work.
    A man's character is determined by how hard he fights for what he believes in.

Feedback Score
    I would just like to echo the sentiments of all those that have come before me in this thread. I would like to thank Rob_s for putting this chart together. I am new to the black rifle scene and the information that he and those who have helped him put this chart together have been invaluable to helping me pick out my first gun. Before I saw the chart and the information that went with the chart, I had no idea what I should be looking for in terms of what is a quality product. Now I think I have a firmer grasp of what I should be looking for and for that I would like to give a big thank you to those who have put so much time into making the chart what it is.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

[QUOTE=Kabob983;411838]Hey, I'm new here.

I've got a "full BCM rifle" that I bought in parts, don't know if you can consider it for the chart.

Bought a 16" midlength upper and charging handle from Bravo Company's website. The BCG I bought brand new from an arfcom member, and the lower I got from Denny's guns.

Only non-BCM parts are the handguards (RRA, I know that's a part of the chart) and rear sight (was a Matech, soon to be LaRue fixed BUIS). Just got my Aimpoint CompML2 in the other day. BCM does make a carry handle.

Quality is top notch. My lower actually had a bum mag catch on it when it arrived, but Paul at Bravo Co. overnighted me a new catch and it works like a champ now.

Upper
    Chrome lined bore/chamber
    1/7 twist rate
    B-11595E/4150 barrel steel
    MP/HPT tested barrel
    Well cut M4 feedramps
    F marked FSB
    5.56mm chamber

BCM's website says Park under FSB and tapered pins, I've not taken it off to check but I've no reason to doubt them.

Lower
    H buffer
    .154 pins
    Mil-spec receiver
    Staked castle nut

Bolt Carrier Group
    MP tested bolt
    Shot peened bolt
    Full Auto carrier
    Black extractor
    Properly staked gas key (although one of my stakes isn't perfect, it'll certainly get the job done)

It's only been to the range once, took an intro to tactical carbine course with it on July 5th. There were supposed to be 6 people in the class but 3 bailed (one burnt his hand on fireworks on the 4th, a husband/wife combo didn't show because it was barely raining).

All 3 rifles were brand new/unfired (I know it's a no-no but I got my lower in right before the class). I had a full BCM, a friend of mine had an LMT Defender 2000, and another guy had a new S&W.

Of the three I was the only shooter with 0 problems. My buddy had 1 failure to feed due to a poorly seated mag, but the S&W was plagued with problems (failure to feed, failure to extract, and even a double feed). The BCM was dead accurate and didn't give me a single hickup. Overall I'm new(ish) to AR's but I'm an internet geek and I've learned alot through reading/researching. The BCM is a great product.

QUOTE]

I think most would agree that if BCM were on the chart, it would be there right next to Colt. I can't wait to get my BCM middy, it should be here tomorrow, and the BCG Tuesday
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 08-09-09 at 02:47.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    First of all, kabob, you need to resize your pictures. You've basically messed up this entire page of the thread.

I think most would agree that if BCM were on the chart, it would be there right next to Colt.
    Sure, but BCM doesn't make complete rifles, so it's sort of silly to put them on here. Additionally, Daniel Defense seems to meet or exceed all of Colt's specs (with the exception of the handguards, which may or may not be double shielded... I'm not sure), and it's still to the right of Noveske and LMT.

Page 101 of 140 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast