Page 102 of 140 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Kabob983,

As others have pointed out, you need to make your pictures smaller.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    First of all, kabob, you need to resize your pictures. You've basically messed up this entire page of the thread.

Sure, but BCM doesn't make complete rifles, so it's sort of silly to put them on here. Additionally, Daniel Defense seems to meet or exceed all of Colt's specs (with the exception of the handguards, which may or may not be double shielded... I'm not sure), and it's still to the right of Noveske and LMT.
    Not quite sure how I "messed up the entire page" but I'll resize them later.

True, they don't make a complete rifle, although I figured that since you can buy it in essentially 4 pieces coupled with the tremendous popularity of the brand I'd at least list my findings/experiences.

Rifle has been to the range twice since my post, both times functioning flawlessly. I added an Aimpoint CompML2 and at 130 yards or so I can ring a 5" steel plate pretty much every shot in reasonably rapid fire (1 shot/second or so) while using the magazine as a rest, it's much more accurate than I am.

While not really related to functionality the color of the upper and lower are pretty far off. A minor complaint for me though.
    Last edited by Kabob; 08-12-09 at 16:08.

Feedback Score
    Rob,
    Your chart shows that Bushmaster bolts are not shotpeened. I've examined mine and found that it is and in fact, has more uniform coverage than my spare LMT bolt. Before you berate me for being ignorant, I've had years of experience with peening in the aircraft industry and can tell whether a part has been peened or not.

Feedback Score
    My black extractor spring has only 3 coils.However my blue one has 4 like you said.All my black extrators and springs have 3 coils I have several all of them are that way.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
    Rob,
    Your chart shows that Bushmaster bolts are not shotpeened. I've examined mine and found that it is and in fact, has more uniform coverage than my spare LMT bolt. Before you berate me for being ignorant, I've had years of experience with peening in the aircraft industry and can tell whether a part has been peened or not.
    BM buys bolts from many different places. One place might shot peen while the next does not.

So it is really a crapshoot on what you get.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the.2nd1 View Post
    My black extractor spring has only 3 coils.However my blue one has 4 like you said.All my black extrators and springs have 3 coils I have several all of them are that way.
    What is a "black extractor spring?"

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    What is a "black extractor spring?"

C4
    I meant the extractor spring with the black insert

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Alright, good news, bad news.

The good news is that G&R is selling a complete BCM M4 with Troy rear sight and lifetime warranty per Paul from BCM! As Paul said to me vie email "blue all the way down"! As such, I have added them to the Chart right next to Colt. Some may argue that the BCM should be all the way to the left, but hopefully we can avoid getting caught up in that minutia.

The bad news is that I still haven't heard back from Daniel Defense, and given their recent administrative issues I'd rather give them time to do what they need to do than to hound them with emails asking for them to fill in the Chart. They have a place on the Chart whenever they want it, all they have to do is ask.

Some of you may have also noticed that the Chart is being shared in a new way. I have change the link to this one which begins with the Explanation of Features and then you get the Charts at the bottom. Hopefully this will teach more people to fish rather than simply handing them over the fish.
    Last edited by rob_s; 08-20-09 at 11:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Rob for ALL your time and effort into all that. There are a lot of people who really benefit from your input. I sure did.

Holly crap, it's been a while since I looked at that, someone went lower than "OLY"??

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Alright, good news, bad news.

The good news is that G&R is selling a complete BCM M4 with Troy rear sight and lifetime warranty per Paul from BCM! As Paul said to me vie email "blue all the way down"! As such, I have added them to the Chart right next to Colt. Some may argue that the BCM should be all the way to the left, but hopefully we can avoid getting caught up in that minutia.

The bad news is that I still haven't heard back from Daniel Defense, and given their recent administrative issues I'd rather give them time to do what they need to do than to hound them with emails asking for them to fill in the Chart. They have a place on the Chart whenever they want it, all they have to do is ask.

Some of you may have also noticed that the Chart is being shared in a new way. I have change the link to this one which begins with the Explanation of Features and then you get the Charts at the bottom. Hopefully this will teach more people to fish rather than simply handing them over the fish.

Good deal.

Just so folks know, these rifles are a limited thing so get them while you can.

C4

Page 102 of 140 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast