Page 105 of 140 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score

Good Samaritan

Grant you are definitely a good samaritan. You don't see many people going out of their way to help another these days. You weren't an NCO in another life were you?

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDoc View Post
    Grant you are definitely a good samaritan. You don't see many people going out of their way to help another these days. You weren't an NCO in another life were you?
    Thanks.

Yes I was an NCO in the USN.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDoc View Post
    Good on you Grant. We could ALL be more like your example.

Feedback Score
    Just as an update. I spoke with Paul at customer service today and he is sending me a shipping label. They want the entire gun back to look it over. Will let you all know what comes of it. Looks like it was supposed to have m4 extension and m4 receiver. I also told him about the side movement. He wants me to write a letter with my issues (with the rifle). Top notch customer service so far. He called me back multiple times till we could get together. Most company's people will call once and say ok I tried and not call back. Not Paul. Very impressed with his customer service.

Thanks again to Grant. Will keep you all updated.

Matt

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by averageshooter View Post
    Just as an update. I spoke with Paul at customer service today and he is sending me a shipping label. They want the entire gun back to look it over. Will let you all know what comes of it. Looks like it was supposed to have m4 extension and m4 receiver. I also told him about the side movement. He wants me to write a letter with my issues (with the rifle). Top notch customer service so far. He called me back multiple times till we could get together. Most company's people will call once and say ok I tried and not call back. Not Paul. Very impressed with his customer service.

Thanks again to Grant. Will keep you all updated.

Matt

Cool. S&W sets the standard for CS I think.

C4

Feedback Score
    I'm glad to see the chart updated; hat's off to you, Rob. A nit:

Shouldn't the comparison section give DD credit for its fine A 1.5 sight and Lifetime Warranty?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AR fix's

Ive read the chart Rob and the others built at least 5 times now to properly understand what's up. I then went thru my M-4's, 2 Olympics, a DPMS, and a new Stag.

WOW what a learning experience. My early XM177 Olympic appears to have a m16 bolt in it. Interestingly the bolt was staked correctly. A second was not staked right but has been fixed with a punch.

The DPMS is staked properly per the pictures in the bolt section. My Stag needed to be redone properly , I also learned that a JP trigger from an earlier department issued Colt actually fits in my Stag, so I switched it out, I like the JP alot..

I thought I had read that the Colt receivers were drilled with bigger pin holes. My question is, is this common for the Colt and the Stag to interchange.

Years ago I was told that Stag actually made receivers for Colt. I thought it was BS, now I'm wondering. Can anybody square me away on this.

FYI This web site is worse then percription drugs, I'm addicted to it. My wife keeps begging me to come out my gun room and visit with her... when I'm not in the field

Thank you in advance.
    Dirk Williams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey Rob,
    Shouldn't Spikes Tactical have a spot on the list?
    Or am I missing something?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marh415 View Post
    Hey Rob,
    Shouldn't Spikes Tactical have a spot on the list?
    Or am I missing something?

I'm not Rob but........

http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=440941&postcount=2

A general note though...

At this point there is very little liklihood of many more makers getting added to the Chart itself unless they show themselves to be residing closer to the left side than the right or unless someone starts making one that they are selling quantities in the thousands instead of the hundreds. Looking at the current version of the Chart, you have the big boys like Colt, DPMS, Bushmaster, etc. and then you have some of the more boutique makers like Noveske, DD, BCM, etc. that may not sell near the volume of the others but make a fantastic product. Similar small-quantity makers like Spikes, Anvil, Wilson, Baer, YHM etc. aren't worth putting on the Chart because they are both low quantity and tend more towards the right side of the Chart.

I would love to add everyone. The problem becomes one of management and the Chart gets obnoxiously large with too many of these brands added. Eventually it may be worth adding them to one version just so they're all recorded, but I'm still putting a bigger focus on the E of F and moving away from focusing on the Chart.

For those prospective buyers that are curious as to the specs of some of these makers, a simple phone call or email asking them which of the specs they meet should suffice.

here is a list of makers that would be nice to add but aren't high on my list of priorities to research:
    Anvil Arms
    DSA
    Les Baer
    Spike's Tactical
    Wilson Combat
    Yankee Hill Machine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see... that explains that, thanks for the post dude.

Page 105 of 140 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast