Page 11 of 140 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    I just got a batch in from LMT and they all had the taper pins. They also have them on their website now.
    I put together a 14.5" LMT upper this evening dated 6-7-07 on the QC tag.
    It has straight pins.

Please post a photo of these taper pinned LMT barrels.
    I don't believe it without seeing it.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    http://lewismachine.net/product.php?...2398019d56f824

The uppers have been picked up by their eager owners. I did order some pins and can take pics of them when they come in if you want? I made another order for upper but it will prob be 6 weeks before the new ones are here.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The only reason I mentioned anything about the H-buffer for LMT is all the bright red 2 options you have for CMMG
    I have gone through 4 complete LMT AR's and none of them had taper pins. I would hold off on changing anything just yet as they might have just run out of straight pins.

LMT will of course offer options to dealers on their lowers and complete weapons. These options however are not listed on their website or in their catalog. CMMG actually has a pull down that allows the consumer to swtich and or upgrade to these options.

Only a few dealers know that they can get LMT lowers and complete AR's with different items. This is not a standard option and and should not be added to the chart IMHO.

C4

Feedback Score
    http://lewismachine.net/product.php?...2398019d56f824

The uppers have been picked up by their eager owners. I did order some pins and can take pics of them when they come in if you want? I made another order for upper but it will prob be 6 weeks before the new ones are here.
    They have listed taper pins on their parts list for a long time.
    I have never seen them on a barrel.
    Next time you get an LMT upper in with taper pins, take a picture.

I just called LMT.
    Gene says they are staying with straight pins to mount the FSB to the barrel.
    I don't think it gets any more "straight from the horses mouth" than that.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    Rob, I have a RRA Entry Tactical, was purchased about 3 months ago. Same one you are comparing, the 1251X. I would never argue with you guys about the mil spec stuff, I allready know I bought a commercial rifle. However:

It has m4 feedramps, I see them every time I clean the bore. I can take pictures if needed.

My gas key is staked well. I checked it when I saw the multitude of threads on here. I also can post pictures of that if needed.

My bore/chamber is chrome. Im not sure if you meant chrome lined completely on the chart? RRA's option is for complete chrome lined. The regular chrome-moly 1/9 twist barrel I have is chrome when I clean it, thats all I know. Like I said, not sure if thats what you mean so I wouldnt hold that one on ya. The above two I know for sure however. Let me know if you need pics.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would very much like to see pics of the feedramps and the gas key.

Keep in mind, RRA is famous for simply dremmeling-in "feedramps" after the complete rifle is assembled.

Feedback Score
    Yuck, hope thats not the case ><

I'll snag some pics for ya when I get home.

Feedback Score
    "That matrix should say "barrel stamped 5.56 NATO" instead of "5.56 NATO chamber". My finding is that what's stamped on the barrel has little to nothing to do with what the chamber really is, regardless of brand, except for Colt."

Ned Christiensen posted this on 10-8. It may be truer then many accept...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You're probably right Pat, and despite my banning from there I have been following that thread.
    I'm curious to see the outcome of Randall & Ned's discussion re: the reamers and their dimensions as pertains to this.

Ultimately I think we'd go with "stamped as" rather than try to justify the reamers dimensions.

Feedback Score

Stop the insanity!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    "That matrix should say "barrel stamped 5.56 NATO" instead of "5.56 NATO chamber". My finding is that what's stamped on the barrel has little to nothing to do with what the chamber really is, regardless of brand, except for Colt."
    As a matter of keeping records, I measure and draw every new barrel profile that comes through my shop for service.

I have about 165 or so barrel drawings like this with very good dimensions, weights and gas port sizes.
    When I get another barrel of the same profile, I measure the gas port and add that to my drawing (some drawings have 5 or more gas port measurements noted on them)
    You have no idea how much time I spend documenting stuff like this.
    You also have no idea how much data I have gathered from which I form my opinions.

I suppose it's time to start making chamber casts...
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Page 11 of 140 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast