Page 111 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by Iceberg; 01-25-10 at 15:45.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    I really feel that this AR brand comparisons chart has done nothing but create hate & discontent among AR15 owners. What should have been a useful tool for assisting in selecting a rifle has become a tool for brand bashing.
    Maybe, buts it's more of a reverse bashing. Those that understand the chart and use it to find a rifle that meets their needs generally speak honestly about the different brands. The bashing happens when someone with a lower tier rifle gets all butt hurt about their choice and starts spouting things like "just as good as", "elitist", or "snob"…
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I agree with Captiandooley it is mostly about the people getting mad about their rifle and wanting to defend what they have bought... We as Americans like to get mad when someone points out that their thing is better than ours, ligitimately. I personally have a Bushmaster and even though it is low on the list I feel two things about it. First PEOPLE ARE NOT PICKING ON ME OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR WHAT THEY HAVE BOUGHT, and Had I seen this thread, or had it been around in 2006, before I baught my rifle Iwould have a LMT... what we need to do as shooters who have the other rifles is shoot them fix what breaks and make the best of them. then when you have money for a better one use the list to be better informed.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    My point was why include a mgf that does not sell complete rifles along with side rifle mfgs. The "list" does not even include Knights Armamament but includes another small qty mfg, Noveske. What about DSA? No big deal really, it just did seem consistant. There are many folks on our site that love BCM products & their service. Great, however I'm a LMT & Colt man myself and I had no issue buying a "low graded" DPMS complete lower for my TacSol M4 upper.

I really feel that this AR brand comparisons chart has done nothing but create hate & discontent among AR15 owners. What should have been a useful tool for assisting in selecting a rifle has become a tool for brand bashing.
    This is all easy to explain, but you will have to listen to understand it.

Companies that answer Rob's question about what components are used in their guns get added to the list. So if they don't want to answer the questions, then it is really hard to put them on the chart.

The chart is geared around the M4 patterned rifle. So if a company (like KAC) really does not offer anything like that, then the Chart will not line up well for them (which is unfair).

The only people that get angry about the chart are the ones with buyers remorse. Men are often times "married" to their purchase and telling them that they have made a less than stellar choice hurts their feelings (and they get angry). I have come to realize that the meanest thing you can ever say to someone is the truth.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I purchased an "OLY" and then found this forum. I am unemployed and have had to find creative ways to get cash to purchase "GUN STUFF". The wife doesn't like guns and so REALLY objects to me spending money on them without a job.
    SO, when I read "The Chart" after Rob put a LOT of time and effort into, I did NOT whine and berate him or any one, I just shut the frick up and "Creatively" found a way to sell the "OLY" and come up with a CD M4LE. Whining and berating others for my screw up would NOT have helped me at all. DUH!
    Thanks a million for your efforts Rob.
    BTW, I read the explanation of the chart, on the chart, and LISTENED to others here.

PS: To bad it would cause more pissers, or a top tier handgun one too, would be well liked by me.
    Last edited by Gramps; 01-24-10 at 19:18.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cool chart.
    Last edited by wake.joe; 01-25-10 at 05:28.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wake.joe View Post
    I think telling people a bushmaster won't work for self defense is nothing more than incorrect.
    FWIW, this thread isn't supposed to be about that. This is a thread that begins with a chart showing a list of features and which AR makes/models include which of those features, and an explanation of what those features mean and why they are considered desirable. Nothing more, nothing less. Other than placing a value on one feature or specification there are no judgment calls made about one brand or another. If you accept the conclusions in the explanation of features and extrapolate that to the chart, one could begin to make a value judgment about one brand vs. another, but the Chart and the Explanation of Features do not.

If someone posts elsewhere that a BM isn't a good choice for defensive purposes, and uses the Chart to back up their claim, the opposing side is free to generate their own backup for the counter-argument (BTW, "Travis Haley used one in Iraq"? not such a great counter-argument. just sayin').

The Chart is a collection of data points. Nothing more.

Blaming the Chart because someone uses it to club an Oly owner over the head and tell them how stupid they are is like blaming the gun in a murder trial.

Feedback Score
    This is a Technical Forum. Not a place for you to talk about "feelings" or manners. Those of you that started this whole mess, consider this your warning.

Feedback Score
    I really feel that this AR brand comparisons chart has done nothing but create hate & discontent among AR15 owners.
    Only in the same way peer reviewed journals have created hate and discontent among certain doctors and scientists.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The Chart is a collection of data points. Nothing more.
    I agree.

I only mean that Bushmaster HAS been used (Effectively at that) in situations much more demanding than self-defense. So while I by no means advocate buying one for that purpose, I think it could be used in that roll effectively.

Page 111 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast