Page 113 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Great thread and much appreciated. The time and effort to update it is important also. Manufacturers will sometimes step up and improve on weak points if they hear enough about it.

In looking at the chart it's apparent that many of these guns can be "upgraded" to meet the "standards" without a whole lot of effort. Sure it should have been shipped from the factory that way to begin with, but all is not lost if you own one of the guns that is not listed at the top of the list... Change out to a top of the line BCG, upgrade the buffer, take 5 minutes to properly stake the gas key and castle nut, if you don't have M4 feed ramps it's not hard to dremel them in if you're careful and patient enough to do it properly. Upgrade the springs with a kit, etc.

That's the fantastic thing about these guns, there's no end to the customizing and when you're done you can have a near-perfect gun for your needs...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arizonaranchman View Post
    Great thread and much appreciated. The time and effort to update it is important also. Manufacturers will sometimes step up and improve on weak points if they hear enough about it.

In looking at the chart it's apparent that many of these guns can be "upgraded" to meet the "standards" without a whole lot of effort. Sure it should have been shipped from the factory that way to begin with, but all is not lost if you own one of the guns that is not listed at the top of the list... Change out to a top of the line BCG, upgrade the buffer, take 5 minutes to properly stake the gas key and castle nut, if you don't have M4 feed ramps it's not hard to dremel them in if you're careful and patient enough to do it properly. Upgrade the springs with a kit, etc.

That's the fantastic thing about these guns, there's no end to the customizing and when you're done you can have a near-perfect gun for your needs...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7376

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    Maybe, buts it's more of a reverse bashing. Those that understand the chart and use it to find a rifle that meets their needs generally speak honestly about the different brands. The bashing happens when someone with a lower tier rifle gets all butt hurt about their choice and starts spouting things like "just as good as", "elitist", or "snob"…

I find all these comments just as ridiculous as Chevy owners argueing that Fords are no good and vice versa.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
    I find all these comments just as ridiculous as Chevy owners argueing that Fords are no good and vice versa.
    Sorry, but all AR's are not made to the same standards. Some companies cut corners and others do not. Some know how to build an AR correctly and some do not.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Usually, when people draw parallels between an argument and the "Chevy vs. Ford" debate, they are implying that individuals are arguing the superiority of one thing over another, when none exists. In much the same way one might argue the color blue as being better than the color red. The two camps have have basically chosen sides by appealing chiefly to their emotion and preferences, with little factual data.

For that to be valid here, you would have to first accept the premise that all AR-15's patterned after the M4 are essentially the same. This is simply not the case.

I also believe that this chart is focusing in primarily on "fighting" AR-15 models (which seems to be a fair categorization since these companies choose to pattern these models after the military M4), not one's 3-Gun setup, varmint setup, or plinker setup. Not to say that your game setup wouldn't benefit from some of these features, however...

When a company takes the, dare I say, bold step to put out an M4 clone, people shouldn't piss and moan when those rifles get held to a different standard. They also shouldn't get all defensive when people bring up the areas where a given rifle fall short of reaching that which is trying to be copied. Again, it's simply data.
    Last edited by opmike; 02-21-10 at 20:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Like with ARs, it depends on what they're being used for. There are differences in Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, etc trucks. If you drive a few miles to work every day and haul some furniture a few times a year, you'll never know the difference. If you have a specialty ap or need to operate within particular performance or maintanance parameters, some will be better than others.

Brand X vs. Y in ARs is indeed a "Ford vs. Chevy" argument, but not for the reasons most think.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The most fair automotive comparison is not Ford vs Chevy for a certain type of vehicle, it is like comparing a Wrangler Rubicon to a Jeep that has been built from the ground up to go offroad. The Rubicon might satisfy some peoples needs, but the built Jeep is the benchmark to which the Rubicon is compared to.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    What feed ramps would you guys say these are?

The reason I ask is because according to the "M4 Feedramps" thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post
    As stated, the rest of a properly cut M4 feedramp is in the upper receiver... while the cut in the receiver is small, it matches up with the cut in the barrel extension and makes for a smooth, continuous ramp.
    they appear to be M4 feed ramps because they are "cut so that the cut "breaks through" the barrel extension and cuts slightly into the upper receiver."

However, this is a Rock River Arms rifle and according to the chart RRA has rifle feed ramps (not m4 feed ramps).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKUSP.40 View Post
    What feed ramps would you guys say these are?

The reason I ask is because according to the "M4 Feedramps" thread:

they appear to be M4 feed ramps because they are "cut so that the cut "breaks through" the barrel extension and cuts slightly into the upper receiver."

However, this is a Rock River Arms rifle and according to the chart RRA has rifle feed ramps (not m4 feed ramps).
    RRA has RRA feedramps, which are cut into the upper by a monkey with a Dremel. I kind of wish you hadn't said who made that, because I was just about to post RRA when I saw your first picture.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    RRA has RRA feedramps, which are cut into the upper by a monkey with a Dremel. I kind of wish you hadn't said who made that, because I was just about to post RRA when I saw your first picture.
    And those are bad why?

Page 113 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast