Page 115 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score

Warranties

A lifetime warranty on a inferior product is akin to polishing a turd.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sff70 View Post
    A lifetime warranty on a inferior product is akin to polishing a turd.
    I would argue that considering the warranty already implies the expectation of failure.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the chart rob. sold my RRA 10.5 and 14.5 1:7 bushmaster and now have a BCM 11.5

although the RRA i had NEVER gave me problems... have shot it during competitions, practice with it a lot... and it was flawless....

i have to admit, the chart did influence me and i dont regret it at all....

cheers!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score
    great info
    thanks
    colt
    Last edited by colt45irish; 03-06-10 at 21:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I would argue that considering the warranty already implies the expectation of failure.
    I would argue that any company that would offer a lifetime warranty has an expectation that thier product will NOT fail. This is a good thing. Fact is machines do fail, even when built by companies that know what they're doing and usually put out top quality stuff.

I cannot fathom how lack of a lifetime warranty would be anything other than a negative, even if the company has an overall good reputation.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton28 View Post
    I would argue that any company that would offer a lifetime warranty has an expectation that thier product will NOT fail.
    Offering a product that is sub-standard, that you know the majority of purchasers will never use or push hard, and covering it up by offering a "lifetime" warranty is a pretty old trick.

There is also warranty and then there's warranty. Ruger, for all of their faults and warts, is a great example of this with no written warranty yet has serviced every gun with a problem I've ever heard of, regardless of whether you're the first owner or the fifth. Contrast that with companies that have published lifetime warranties but are notoriously pains in the ass when it comes to fixing things OR because the product is half-assed to begin with can never really get it right (talk to anyone that tried to get a Kimber fixed when they started their external extractors).

Would it be "best" to have a top-shelf product AND a piece of paper that says they're going to cover it for a "lifetime"? I suppose. But the point people are making is that, barring that, having the top shelf product with no written warranty is better than having a half-assed product with a great warranty.

If you think that great written warranty = confidence in a product.... well, I have some swampland I'd like to sell you.
    Last edited by rob_s; 03-07-10 at 05:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Offering a product that is sub-standard, that you know the majority of purchasers will never use or push hard, and covering it up by offering a "lifetime" warranty is a pretty old trick.

There is also warranty and then there's warranty. Ruger, for all of their faults and warts, is a great example of this with no written warranty yet has serviced every gun with a problem I've ever heard of, regardless of whether you're the first owner or the fifth. Contrast that with companies that have published lifetime warranties but are notoriously pains in the ass when it comes to fixing things OR because the product is half-assed to begin with can never really get it right (talk to anyone that tried to get a Kimber fixed when they started their external extractors).

Would it be "best" to have a top-shelf product AND a piece of paper that says they're going to cover it for a "lifetime"? I suppose. But the point people are making is that, barring that, having the top shelf product with no written warranty is better than having a half-assed product with a great warranty.

If you think that great written warranty = confidence in a product.... well, I have some swampland I'd like to sell you.
    I need no tutorial on how different companies treat warranty claims. I understand a warranty is not a warranty is not a warranty. I have broken things in my life and had trouble getting the company to own up. Lesson learned.

There ARE top shelf companies that make top shelf products and offer a lifetime warranty. Yes, I do think in those cases that is a direct reflection of the confidence a company has in thier product. If YOU think that every lifetime warranty is just evil capitalistic mindtrick used to lure unsuspecting fools into buying a no good product, I would say you have an overly pessimistic worldview.

I'm gonna assume that those who are arguing a lifetime warranty is next to worthless have a preference for a certain rollmark that only offers a one year warranty. I bet we wouldn't be having this discussion if that company changed it's warranty policy.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm gonna assume that those who are arguing a lifetime warranty is next to worthless have a preference for a certain rollmark that only offers a one year warranty. I bet we wouldn't be having this discussion if that company changed it's warranty policy.
    Um, I've read many threads where that certain company actually honored their warranty far past their expiration date... however, few people actually need it because it's G2G from the get go.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    There ARE top shelf companies that make top shelf products and offer a lifetime warranty. Yes, I do think in those cases that is a direct reflection of the confidence a company has in thier product. If YOU think that every lifetime warranty is just evil capitalistic mindtrick used to lure unsuspecting fools into buying a no good product, I would say you have an overly pessimistic worldview.
    I think you missed the point here - most of the lesser manufacturers on the chart offer lifetime warranties for thier substandard product. It's not overly pessimistic to point out that simple fact. It's also a known fact that many of those same companies wiggle out of their lifetime warranties. The question isn't whether or not you'd want a lifetime warranty on a good product, the question is whether or not that lifetime warranty is worth buying an inferior product IF the known good manufacturers don't have one. For most of us, that answer is no.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Page 115 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast