Page 116 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    I think you missed the point here - most of the lesser manufacturers on the chart offer lifetime warranties for thier substandard product. It's not overly pessimistic to point out that simple fact. It's also a known fact that many of those same companies wiggle out of their lifetime warranties. The question isn't whether or not you'd want a lifetime warranty on a good product, the question is whether or not that lifetime warranty is worth buying an inferior product IF the known good manufacturers don't have one. For most of us, that answer is no.
    You're talking to a wall. It's not about the product, the warranty, or anything else. He's trolling and nothing else. Search his posts and you'll find a pattern. He's playing games.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Um, I've read many threads where that certain company actually honored their warranty far past their expiration date... however, few people actually need it because it's G2G from the get go.
    I believe it. But I'd rather not be completely at a company's mercy when it comes to whether they'll fix something or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    I think you missed the point here - most of the lesser manufacturers on the chart offer lifetime warranties for thier substandard product. It's not overly pessimistic to point out that simple fact. It's also a known fact that many of those same companies wiggle out of their lifetime warranties. The question isn't whether or not you'd want a lifetime warranty on a good product, the question is whether or not that lifetime warranty is worth buying an inferior product IF the known good manufacturers don't have one. For most of us, that answer is no.
    My initial response was to idea that warranty consideration was an admission of future failure. I saw flaw in that. I do not dispute that warranties (especially of dubious interpretation) from lesser companies shouldn't be a major consideration. Sorry for the confusion. Don't drink and post.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    You're talking to a wall. It's not about the product, the warranty, or anything else. He's trolling and nothing else. Search his posts and you'll find a pattern. He's playing games.

Ok burrito, lets get this straight. I'm not a ****in troll. If there is anything going on here it's that you and I don't get along on the internet. So cut the shit and either respond to me like you would anyone else, PM me with your dumbass comments, or quit responding to me all together.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton28 View Post
    I believe it. But I'd rather not be completely at a company's mercy when it comes to whether they'll fix something or not.
    Lifetime warranty or not; you're still completely at the company's mercy as to whether they will fix something or not.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I'm gonna assume that those who are arguing a lifetime warranty is next to worthless have a preference for a certain rollmark that only offers a one year warranty. I bet we wouldn't be having this discussion if that company changed it's warranty policy.
    This would be an incorrect assumption on your part.

I personally don't think any company should offer a lifetime warranty on their AR's. Why? Because there are certain items that are SUPPOSED to wear out and fail. Things like extractor spring, extractor insert, buffer spring, gas rings, ejector, extractor and bolt.

Manufacturers know this. Typically, these companies are also betting that the person that typically buys their weapon is NEVER going to hit the round count needed to see the above list of items fail. It is a game they play and the odds are in their favor that you will never put in a claim.

Companies also play the ammo game when you have a claim against their "lifetime warranty." It goes like this:

Manu: Hello
    Customer: Ya my AR is not working.
    Manu: What type of ammo are you shooting.
    Customer: Wolf
    Manu: I'm sorry Sir, but shooting that brand of ammo voids your warranty. Have a nice day.

For me, companies that understand that things naturally break AND that I am actually going to shoot their guns (and will cover the major components for as long as I own the weapon) is really the best option for the serious shooter.

Remember that a "lifetime warranty" on a crappy AR is like putting lipstick on pig. That warranty also won't do you any good when the gun fail's (when you need it the most).

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-08-10 at 10:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donr101395 View Post
    Lifetime warranty or not; you're still completely at the company's mercy as to whether they will fix something or not.
    To a certain degree, yes. The burden is on the buyer to figure out what the "lifetime" warranty really means and covers, and which companies are known to give people a hard time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    This would be an incorrect assumption on your part.

I personally don't think any company should offer a lifetime warranty on their AR's. Why? Because there are certain items that are SUPPOSED to wear out and fail. Things like extractor spring, extractor insert, buffer spring, gas rings, ejector, extractor and bolt.

Manufacturers know this. Typically, these companies are also betting that the person that typically buys their weapon is NEVER going to hit the round count needed to see the above list of items fail. It is a game they play and the odds are in their favor that you will never put in a claim.

Companies also play the ammo game when you have a claim against their "lifetime warranty." It goes like this:

Manu: Hello
    Customer: Ya my AR is not working.
    Manu: What type of ammo are you shooting.
    Customer: Wolf
    Manu: I'm sorry Sir, but shooting that brand of ammo voids your warranty. Have a nice day.

For me, companies that understand that things naturally break AND that I am actually going to shoot their guns (and will cover the major components for as long as I own the weapon) is really the best option for the serious shooter.

Remember that a "lifetime warranty" on a crappy AR is like putting lipstick on pig. That warranty also won't do you any good when the gun fail's (when you need it the most).

C4
    I see what you're saying. But, I don't see where AR's are much different than other objects though, in that you can usually tell if something has broken from usual wear or a defect in materials/workmanship. I know that requires the company to do an honest evaluation, but I still think having a warranty (even if at the discretion of the manufacturer) is preferred over none at all.

I don't totally disagree with what you guys are saying, other than a warranty is useless or an expectation of failure. I do not think that, mainly because I've owned enough stuff in my life to know that "things" can and will break, even if I was dilligent and bought top quality stuff.
    Last edited by Triton28; 03-08-10 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I see what you're saying. But, I don't see where AR's are much different than other objects though, in that you can usually tell if something has broken from usual wear or a defect in materials/workmanship. I know that requires the company to do an honest evaluation, but I still think having a warranty (even if at the discretion of the manufacturer) is preferred over none at all.
    This is one of the biggest misconceptions out there. All gun manufacturers cover their products.

I don't totally disagree with what you guys are saying, other than a warranty is useless or an expectation of failure. I do not think that, mainly because I've owned enough stuff in my life to know that "things" can and will break, even if I was dilligent and bought top quality stuff.

For many companies that make lower quality AR's, the "lifetime warranty" thing is a nothing more than a marketing tool.

All AR's break or go down. All AR manufacturers cover their products. The ones that scream loudest about their "lifetime warranty" generally make the worst quality product.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For many companies that make lower quality AR's, the "lifetime warranty" thing is a nothing more than a marketing tool.
    and a calculated risk. See my original post on this

Offering a product that is sub-standard, that you know the majority of purchasers will never use or push hard, and covering it up by offering a "lifetime" warranty is a pretty old trick.

Feedback Score
    This is one of the biggest misconceptions out there. All gun manufacturers cover their products.
    Well, if that's correct then you're 100% right.

Just for clarity, Colt, Bushmaster, S&W, and DPMS all cover thier products for material/workmanship defects past thier specified warranty time periods? I hope the interjection of "no warranty" didn't confuse the discussion.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Well, if that's correct then you're 100% right.

Just for clarity, Colt, Bushmaster, S&W, and DPMS all cover thier products for material/workmanship defects past thier specified warranty time periods? I hope the interjection of "no warranty" didn't confuse the discussion.
    Yes and no. Have a bolt break at 10,000rds? Most likely not. Nor should they warranty to it IMHO.

C4

Page 116 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast