Page 117 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1393

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

There is also warranty and then there's warranty. Ruger, for all of their faults and warts
    Please list the "faults and warts" that you see in Ruger. I think the primary reason alot of the people on this particular forum are out to get Ruger is a) They supported the hi-capacity, what 15+ years ago?, and now they produce weapons with hi capacity mags.and b) They make a piston driven AR, which alot of the people here can't stand because "they are pointless because there is nothing to fix" (Which I don't necessarily disagree with)

Having some recalls on recent guns because of a trigger issue that was fixed on weapons that had only been in the market for a short while is not enough to call Ruger a faulty company or manufacturer. Its hard to expect a brand new gun (or any product for that matter) on the market to have absouletly no faults. I have several of the P series pistols, a SR9 and a LCP that have all had thousands of rounds through them without any major issues.

I am not attacking you in any way, and I have enjoyed reading your posts and have learned alot from this forum in general, but I do disagree with your attack on Ruger.
    Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 03-09-10 at 17:10.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by geogiaboy View Post
    Please list the "faults and warts" that you see in Ruger. I think the primary reason alot of the people on this particular forum are out to get Ruger is a) They supported the hi-capacity, what 15+ years ago?, and now they produce weapons with hi capacity mags.and b) They make a piston driven AR, which alot of the people here can't stand because "they are pointless because there is nothing to fix" (Which I don't necessarily disagree with)

Having some recalls on recent guns because of a trigger issue that was fixed on weapons that had only been in the market for a short while is not enough to call Ruger a faulty company or manufacturer. Its hard to expect a brand new gun (or any product for that matter) on the market to have absouletly no faults. I have several of the P series pistols, a SR9 and a LCP that have all had thousands of rounds through them without any major issues.

I am not attacking you in any way, and I have enjoyed reading your posts and have learned alot from this forum in general, but I do disagree with your attack on Ruger.
    You read his entire post the wrong way. I'm obviously not Rob, but I think what he was saying was clear as daylight, and it wasn't an attack on Ruger.

I read his post as praising Ruger for simply standing behind their product and offering excellent service as a way of doing business rather than talking a big game.

Ruger is not a faulty company, but they have faults. It was unfortunate to see a run of recalls on every new product they introduced for a while...but they way they handled it was honorable. This isn't a piston thread, though I don't see anyone saying that they are totally without merit in specific roles. I don't think anybody here resents Ruger the company as it stands today because of Mr. Ruger's politics. It's clear that they're stepping up to the plate and offering things that were unthinkable twenty years ago.

The only thing that's consistently held my interest from Ruger are their .22lr offerings...and I own an LCP for flip flop days.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I'm not going to engage this nonsense here. If you want to discuss Ruger start a thread on the subject of what people think of the company and their products.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

A recall (especially one geared arounds Safety) is a HUGE deal. Ruger seems to the be masters at releasing products before they should.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you're truly interested, do a search and read the previous threads on various Ruger products. There are threads with first hand experience from armorers, maintainers, instructors, and users.

Ruger makes sporting/commercial/hobby grade firearms built to meet the expectations of users in those veins. Some are quite good, some much less so. They get credit or criticism, as it is due.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm not going to engage this nonsense here. If you want to discuss Ruger start a thread on the subject of what people think of the company and their products.
    Well I was going to apologize after topkins22 pointed out to me that I had misread, because at first glance the arrangement of words made it unclear to me whether you were saying Ruger did or did not honor their warranties.

But after this comment.. nope.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Just wondering does any one know how Spikes uppers stack up on this list.
    I have a friend who wants to buy my Bushmaster and I plan on building my other reciever. while running #'s i found that spikes will be selling a 16" middie upper complete with bcg and handguards for 535
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have an updated chart?

What about an updated chart of the companies that make lower receivers for other companies and those that make them for themselves.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    Does anyone have an updated chart?
    updated how? Is there something missing?

What about an updated chart of the companies that make lower receivers for other companies and those that make them for themselves.
    There is a thread around here somewhere about that, and I briefly considered adding the information to the Chart, but I think it's pretty inconsequential at best.

Feedback Score

Is there a 7.62mm chart like the M4 chart?

This may be a bit off-topic, but I'll give it a shot. I read through all the 30 some-odd pages in the "beyond 5.56 forum", and didn't see this answer.

I have learned tons from this thread as a newbie, and appreciate the info. I bought a RRA before I learned of this site, and have corrected most of the "discrepancies" listed in the remediation thread.

However, now I am interested in a 7.62/.308 rifle or build project, and wondered if there was a similar chart for 7.62 rifles, or if you could draw a direct correlation from the manufactures on the M4 chart to the way one would expect their 7.62 offering, if any, to rank.

Thanks,
    Paul

Page 117 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast