Page 23 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrraley View Post
    But don't take it out on me, I just came in to correct a misinformation and now it seems that I'm getting chastized for doing that. Don't shoot the messenger...
    Sorry, did not mean to criticize. I was just trying to confirm from the pictures what you observed. Actually Armalite did a pretty good job except for the staking, but the other photo showed they did an OK job, so it may just be luck of the draw. But all the other items check out A-OK in my book.

Feedback Score
    But don't take it out on me, I just came in to correct a misinformation and now it seems that I'm getting chastized for doing that. Don't shoot the messenger...
    Nobody is trying to "shoot the messenger" but saying hey we correctly stake each bolt and than showing one that is done incorrectly dosent make Armalite shine.

You also stated 1) doesn't do a good job of staking the key "There is no way that ANY company can get them all correct every time", so I got a shallow one, I fixed it

Why not? Isnt that what QC is for? I have sold hundreads of LMT bolts and have never seen one not done correctly nor have I seen a bad job on a Colt/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Does "I fixed it" mean that what is shown in the pic isn't even Armalite?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    So it appears from your photos that Armalite:

(1) doesn't do a good job of staking the key There is no way that ANY company can get them all correct every time, so I got a shallow one, I fixed it

You're stating that no manufacturer can get the staking right every time....................as G.Gordon Liddy says that's a "gratuitous assertion, and any gratuitous assertion may be equally gratuitously denied."

I've never seen a poorly staked FACTORY Colt carrier key. Personally I don't think Colt puts out bad ones just as I don't believe that at the end of every rainbow there's a leprechaun with a pot of gold.

I think what you're adding to the discussion is called disinformation.

Personally I don't think Colt puts out bad ones = BECAUSE I've seen probably 700 Colt carriers maybe more (AR15 and M16) from Colt and have never seen a bad staking job by Colt YMMV.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Does "I fixed it" mean that what is shown in the pic isn't even Armalite?

No, it's an ArmaLite, but after the armorers course, and to make the general populace happy, I fixxed it my rifle myself.
    Life member NRA
    Life member NAHC
    Member VFW

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No, it's an ArmaLite, but after the armorers course, and to make the general populace happy, I fixxed it my rifle myself.
    Let me rephrase.

The staking job that you show in your photographs was done by you or was the factory staking? If it's the factory staking, where is the picture of it after you "fixxed it"?

And why on earth would you do ANYTHING to make anyone other that yourself or your family happy?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    According to a Colt rep., EVERY bolt of EVERY gun is sent thru MPI.

Bob

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rob- Is the 070810 revision still the most current?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Rob- Is the 070810 revision still the most current?
    I'm working out the Armalite posts that have been circulating the last couple of days. I have some updates for their column, but I'm not sure they're ready for prime-time. I wish Armalite would update us.

I also emailed Jarrod at Bushmaster. Hopefully he's still talking to me (more on that later) but I want to get his feedback as well.

Feedback Score
    Just to add data points...

I had another bushmaster barrel through my shop last week with proper M4 feedramps.
    This was a brand new un-fired barrel.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Page 23 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast