Page 24 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15barrels View Post
    Just to add data points...

I had another bushmaster barrel through my shop last week with proper M4 feedramps.
    This was a brand new un-fired barrel.
    A friend of mine (whos agency buys a lot of Bushmasters) told me that Bushmaster is calling those M2 feedramps but I can't find anything concrete about that name.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    A friend of mine (whos agency buys a lot of Bushmasters) told me that Bushmaster is calling those M2 feedramps but I can't find anything concrete about that name.
    Why would you want to call them M2 ramps when everybody else is calling them M4 ramps?

Can't be patent issue.... Then........

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm working out the Armalite posts that have been circulating the last couple of days. I have some updates for their column, but I'm not sure they're ready for prime-time. I wish Armalite would update us.
    Pg 10, they provided an update but that was 3 weeks ago. Are you waiting for confirmation from someone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    Pg 10, they provided an update but that was 3 weeks ago. Are you waiting for confirmation from someone?
    Photos. Armalite said they would post some. The only item that really appears to be in contention is the carrier key staking. The two user photos posted so far are not clear enough to make a determination.

Feedback Score
    Looks to me like the factory stake job was pretty week in the one pic (mrraley's), but decent in the earlier pic (LastRites, pg 11). I'd be unwilling to give them a check for what's posted so far, but the parkerizing under the FSB, the receiver extension staking, the HD extractor/insert/o-ring all deserve checks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    Looks to me like the factory stake job was pretty week in the one pic (mrraley's), but decent in the earlier pic (LastRites, pg 11). I'd be unwilling to give them a check for what's posted so far, but the parkerizing under the FSB, the receiver extension staking, the HD extractor/insert/o-ring all deserve checks.
    And that's all done. I'd just like to see what, if any, picture they can post of the stake job from the factory.

I'm also interested to hear Bushmaster's take on the chart. I'll probably hold off re-posting until I get that information.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    You're stating that no manufacturer can get the staking right every time....................as G.Gordon Liddy says that's a "gratuitous assertion, and any gratuitous assertion may be equally gratuitously denied."

I've never seen a poorly staked FACTORY Colt carrier key. Personally I don't think Colt puts out bad ones just as I don't believe that at the end of every rainbow there's a leprechaun with a pot of gold.

I think what you're adding to the discussion is called disinformation.

Personally I don't think Colt puts out bad ones = BECAUSE I've seen probably 700 Colt carriers maybe more (AR15 and M16) from Colt and have never seen a bad staking job by Colt YMMV.

I agree with Robb, I have never seen a Colt gas key not properly staked. Same goes for LMT.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    A new RRA came into the shop the other day and the owner let me tear it apart. What I was wanting to see is black extractor insert they have gone to.

So I pulled it out and compared it to the black extractor inserts that I stock and as I figured they are not the same. They are basically a blue insert in a black color (as I figured).

C4

Feedback Score
    If you have seen enough Colt's you will find poor carrier key staking. The current method of staking did not start until about October of 67 at around serial number 800,000 on the M16A1.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    If you have seen enough Colt's you will find poor carrier key staking. The current method of staking did not start until about October of 67 at around serial number 800,000 on the M16A1.
    So then it's reasonable to say that Colt properly stakes their carriers as I've already said more than a few times. Same can't be said about some other companies. I VERY VERY RARELY work on an AR made prior to 1970. YMMV.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 24 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast