Page 25 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I VERY VERY RARELY work on an AR made prior to 1970. YMMV.
    It's also reasonable to say that most people are not encountering AR's made prior to 1970 as well.

I'll bet that 99% of the AR's owned by the M4carbine.net populace are less than 15 years old.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    If you have seen enough Colt's you will find poor carrier key staking. The current method of staking did not start until about October of 67 at around serial number 800,000 on the M16A1.
    IF they have been staking them correctly since 1967. I would think 40years shows enough of a pattern that they are doing it right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    IF they have been staking them correctly since 1967. I would think 40years shows enough of a pattern that they are doing it right.
    I agree. But hypothetically speaking, along these same lines, how long does a company have to demonstrate they've repented and changed their sinful ways by doing it right? Would you give a credit as soon as they start demonstrating correct manufacturing techniques or do they need to demonstrate their ability to do it right for several months/years before you consider them GTG?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    I agree. But hypothetically speaking, along these same lines, how long does a company have to demonstrate they've repented and changed their sinful ways by doing it right? Would you give a credit as soon as they start demonstrating correct manufacturing techniques or do they need to demonstrate their ability to do it right for several months/years before you consider them GTG?
    I would say to believe nothing you read online.
    Only trust what you hold in your hand.
    Order whatever rifle/upper you want.
    If it's not staked right, stake it.

It's really that simple.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I would like to see a patern confirmed by new buyers that a company is doing things the right way.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    That would be 40 years next month, same story with chrome chambers, 40 years next month. So in a couple of weeks, if nothing changes, we can agree Colt is good to go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    So then it's reasonable to say that Colt properly stakes their carriers as I've already said more than a few times. Same can't be said about some other companies. I VERY VERY RARELY work on an AR made prior to 1970. YMMV.
    Ive got quite a bit of older stuff, and find it interesting that allot of lessons Colt learned the hard way many decades ago are lost on Brand X.

Feedback Score
    I had a little bit of sarcasm in my wrtitten voice when writing that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by AR15barrels View Post
    I would say to believe nothing you read online.
    Only trust what you hold in your hand.
    Order whatever rifle/upper you want.
    If it's not staked right, stake it.

It's really that simple.
    Randall, You just said it all! I want my buddy Rob-S to copy this and just post this instead of getting into fights with other guys.

One of my guys came to me with a brand new Bushnmaster. I restaked the key with the MOACKSstaked the receiver extension plate and nut and told him to order an extractor upgrade kit to keep on hand. I lubed the crap out of it and then we got him on paper at 25 yards. He is off for a 3 day class. I hope he has the best of times.

Again Randall could not be MORE right. Order what you want and run it hard if it breaks then fix it. We can only steer them in the right direction, not drive for them. I can not hold a gun to these guys heads and make them buy Colt products, plus if I did I wasted money on the Moacks. Then think of the problems that would cause for Ned Christiansen. It is a viscious cycle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jackinfl View Post
    Randall, You just said it all! I want my buddy Rob-S to copy this and just post this instead of getting into fights with other guys.
    I don't believe most of what I read online either.
    I'm in a position where I see a LOT of uppers through my shop.
    This gives ME the experience to form my own opinions from what I have handled with my own two hands.

I voice these opinions here, but you don't have to believe me either.
    Do your own research.
    Obtain whatever item is in question, look at/play with it yourself and form your own opinions.

Learning is fun, especially when it's a business write-off.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Page 25 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast