Page 31 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    Does the "milspec barrel steel" automatically mean MIL-B-11595 CMV alloy or is 4150 also acceptable to receive an "X" in this category?

I wondered because Noveske is using something different that while it exceeds the spec, does not specifically MATCH the spec.
    The spec is very a specific alloy, not a "tier".
    You could say that 4150 does not MEET the spec of MIL-B-11595 CMV alloy, even though it's better than 4140...
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Frankly, if I could find a way to not have to ever put the words "milspec" in the chart at all I would. In fact, I think I'm going to change the RE note to the actual diameter from the Vltor (or was it Magpul?) instructions.

Feedback Score
    Hello Rob:

The ADS doesn't have a 5.56 Chamber???

Thanks for the Chart, it's Great Info.
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    The ADS doesn't have a 5.56 Chamber???
    You would have to pick that out, wouldn't you.

That's what has been holding up the latest version of the chart with the Armalite updates; waiting to find the answer to that question.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great thread.

Why is a shot peened bolt important?

How does the BCM BCG stack up? On the Bravo Company site they list just about everything but they do not indicate if they are HPTed and then MPIed.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    Why is a shot peened bolt important?
    Shot peening introduces compressive stresses into the surface of a part, inhibiting the formation of fatigue cracks and therefore improving fatigue life.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like if you bought an ADS for $825, a BCM BCG-Auto for $130, and an H buffer for $19, you'd have a pretty sweet rig for $974.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whytep38 View Post
    Looks like if you bought an ADS for $825, a BCM BCG-Auto for $130, and an H buffer for $19, you'd have a pretty sweet rig for $974.
    Grant receives the complete ADS minus BCG from the mfg. He adds higher quality BCG's in his shop, so some or all of that $130 you add on would be saved with one of his ADS units.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc View Post
    Grant receives the complete ADS minus BCG from the mfg. He adds higher quality BCG's in his shop, so some or all of that $130 you add on would be saved with one of his ADS units.
    That's an even better deal that I had thought. I'm not in the market for another AR, but if I were, I'd buy an H buffer from him at the same time I ordered the rifle and save myself the shipping cost of buying the buffer separately.

I know you can't speak for Grant, but do you know if his higher quality BCG uses an M16 carrier?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whytep38 View Post
    That's an even better deal that I had thought. I'm not in the market for another AR, but if I were, I'd buy an H buffer from him at the same time I ordered the rifle and save myself the shipping cost of buying the buffer separately.

I know you can't speak for Grant, but do you know if his higher quality BCG uses an M16 carrier?
    At the time of purchase, the customer has the option of either a Semi or Full-auto carrier.

Page 31 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast