Page 32 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc View Post
    At the time of purchase, the customer has the option of either a Semi or Full-auto carrier.
    Sweet. Very, very sweet. And thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    Behind the failure to stake the key, the other problem I hear the most about is .223 chambers in barrels marked 5.56. Why does the chart not reflect these wide spread reports? I saw it mentioned in an early post, but may have lost track after looking through double digit number of pages.

Must be a lot of interest in this stuff..........
    Steve.

Feedback Score
    That you can substitute for BCG is excellent service. However I'd reserve "very sweet" for getting another middy to the market.

Edit: Sorry for the sloppy attribution: the first statement applies to Grant, the latter I meant to indicate ADS.
    Last edited by carbinero; 11-10-07 at 17:19. Reason: clarity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    That you can substitute for BCG is excellent service. However I'd reserve "very sweet" for getting another middy to the market.

Edit: Sorry for the sloppy attribution: the first statement applies to Grant, the latter I meant to indicate ADS.
    And here I was trying to compliment both excellent service and getting another middy to the market.

Feedback Score
    New middy? No kidding? Do tell!

I was planning on a Sabre, but sure would like a less expensive, good quality option.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    New middy? No kidding? Do tell!
    My bad. I was thinking of a mid-level rifle - something between the bottom feeders at the bottom and Colt/LMT at the top - rather than a mid-length gas system. Given the context of the thread, I thought that was clear, but I realize now that I wasn't clear about it.

Regardless, if you want to reserve "very sweet" for a new middy on the market, that's your prerogative. I happen to think a high-quality carbine, with an option for an M16 bolt carrier, at less than $900 are a three-feature combo that is very, very sweet. Which is my prerogative.

Feedback Score
    Fair enough. For the record, whenever I hear about anybody looking at a Stag/RR/BM upper, I direct them to G&R for an ADS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    +1. I have multiple Stags, which I like and which I used to recommend. However, that doesn't make sense anymore with the ADS on the market, at the price Grant is selling them for, and with the option for an M16 carrier.

Feedback Score
    Can I assume the chart is meant to reflect carbine length actions and not mid-length? Reason is, I think my M&P 15T is having problems due to the installation of an "H" buffer. S&W fixed the gas system, but (apparently) replaced the standard buffer with an H buffer. They said they ran 250 rounds of Lake City through it with no malfunctions. I am getting short stroking with PMC and Remington .223.

Summary- I think an H buffer is too much buffer for my middy.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLR_Redux View Post
    Can I assume the chart is meant to reflect carbine length actions and not mid-length? Reason is, I think my M&P 15T is having problems due to the installation of an "H" buffer. S&W fixed the gas system, but (apparently) replaced the standard buffer with an H buffer. They said they ran 250 rounds of Lake City through it with no malfunctions. I am getting short stroking with PMC and Remington .223.

Summary- I think an H buffer is too much buffer for my middy.

S&W doesn't make a middy gas system AR.

C4

Page 32 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast