Page 53 of 140 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I did not know this. It's not pictured with the sight anywhere I've seen it online
    example one
    example 2
    It does.

"All complete weapons ship with (1) thirty round magazine, sling, operators manual and tactical adjustable rear sight. The CQB16 also ships with a tactical front sight, torque wrench, driver and (3) rail panels."

From the LMT List

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Bell View Post
    It does.

"All complete weapons ship with (1) thirty round magazine, sling, operators manual and tactical adjustable rear sight. The CQB16 also ships with a tactical front sight, torque wrench, driver and (3) rail panels."

From the LMT List
    What is the "LMT List"?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I did not know this. It's not pictured with the sight anywhere I've seen it online
    example one
    example 2
    I don't have the magazine with the ad in it with me, nor a scanner to begin with. But the ad from LMT shows that the new complete rifles they offer do come with their iron sight. I can't find the ad anywhere online either. I also bought the complete pictured in example 2, and it came with the sight. Granted, they could have changed it or the dealers may be pulling them off and selling them separately, not sure. I'm also not sure what the "LMT List" is. If I think about it tonight I'll scan that ad and throw it on here.

Edit: Not the ad, but Rainier Arms does have the Standard and MRP listed with the BUIS.

LMT Standard
    LMT MRP

Those are 2 of them, I believe the last one is called the Patrol maybe, I'm not sure, but it comes with the SOPMOD stock, which is the one I bought. I'll have to get that ad up, seems like nobody has it online!
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks guys.

I want to be clear in that I'm not resistant to changing the chart, I just want to be sure that what's on it is correct and that I have some kind of backup to what's there. Right now I'm using the two listings I linked to as my evidence that there is no rear sight, but if I can get an advertisement or something from LMT or one of their dealers saying that they do come with the sight I'll happily make the change.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks guys.

I want to be clear in that I'm not resistant to changing the chart, I just want to be sure that what's on it is correct and that I have some kind of backup to what's there. Right now I'm using the two listings I linked to as my evidence that there is no rear sight, but if I can get an advertisement or something from LMT or one of their dealers saying that they do come with the sight I'll happily make the change.
    I'll get that up for you tonight Rob, I'll have to find the magazine and scan it when I get off work.

Edit: OK, I found it on the www.Tactical-Life.com site, it's somehow linked to Special Weapons, Tactical Weapons, Combat Handgun, etc. Anyhow, here's a little article written about the 3 completes that LMT offers. On a side note, Rainier Arms has theirs listed incorrectly. The Standard comes with the SOPMOD and the Patrol comes with the standard 6 position stock. Which means you'd be paying more ordering that one at the price that I paid for the Standard (with SOPMOD) for $1250.

Article

Edit Again...: OK, reading that it does not say that they come with the rear BUIS, but the photo shows it as does, I'm pretty sure, the ad that I am referring to that I have at home somewhere. I do know that my local dealer got 3 in from Shot Show and they all came with the BUIS. My guess would be that maybe some dealers are removing it since it's not listed as coming with it and selling it separately? Who knows...
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's the ad from Special Weapons magazine, sorry I can't enlarge it. I obviously suck with the scanner.

- Billy Waugh

- Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    I'm using the two listings I linked to as my evidence that there is no rear sight, but if I can get an advertisement or something from LMT or one of their dealers saying that they do come with the sight I'll happily make the change.
    Some dealers probably remove the rear sight to sell it separately.
    This allows a lower advertised price for the item, giving the un-informed buyer the impression they are getting a great deal.
    In fact, they might be getting a lesser deal than if they had paid more somewhere else, but also gotten more for their money.

Same thing happens with the crush washers that come with YHM phantoms.
    You see all sorts of companies selling phantoms without the crush washer and then selling the crush washer seperate, even though both come in the same bag from YHM.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    My first AR was a factory LMT complete rifle it came with handguards, the rear sight sling manual and 1 30rnd magazine.

My second LMT a dealer put together from a lower upper and did not include the rear sight so I had to source it used. But I knew the deal I was getting and it was good.

When you buy just an upper their is no rear sight so that would be the difference. When buying don't pussy foot around ask questions like is this a factory built LMT rifle what does it include. when buying the factory rifle you also get charged the FET so its kind 6 of one half dozen of another.

Great job on the Chart Rob

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thanks guys.

LMT does include their L8A with their complete weapons.

I have not had a chance to up date my pic yet.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    New version, please take a look guys.

Page 53 of 140 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast