Page 55 of 140 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    Looks like the staking has touched little (if any) metal on the screws themselves.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Pics of proper staking...

S&W is definately staked better than BM...here is the staking on my S&W.

I will take a few more pics of it and add them in a few minutes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    M&P 15, serial # 638xx, factory ship date 11-27-07...I'm pretty sure thats an AR 15 bolt carrier...right???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If theres any certain angle you need on a pic of something...let me know.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    So what are we not seeing here? Stake job looks good to me.

What you are looking at in the pic is a poor attempt at staking.

This is how it is supposed to look:

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Looks like the staking has touched little (if any) metal on the screws themselves.
    Yes there does appear to be a big difference in the two, I bet it you stuck a wrench in the first one it would move easily.

Feedback Score
    Possibly a case of "imitation being the sincerest form of flattery", but the below chart is posted over on arfcom in the DPMS forum of the Industry section. Struck me as bearing a resemblance in general appearance/format to the world famous "Chart":

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Possibly a case of "imitation being the sincerest form of flattery", but the below chart is posted over on arfcom in the DPMS forum of the Industry section. Struck me as bearing a resemblance in general appearance/format to the world famous "Chart":[/IMG]
    Rob's chart has caused much angst and frustration for a number of vendors and manufacturers, and compelled some to form a response (spin) of their own like what you see there.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Rob's chart has caused much angst and frustration for a number of vendors and manufacturers, and compelled some to form a response (spin) of their own like what you see there.
    Right you are! What I find funny is that they remove section from the "chart" that they do not do. Lying by Omission anyone?

For instance, in the DPMS chart, they left out HP. Why? Because they do not do it and do not want a chart that shows their product as "lacking." The other part that DPMS spins is that they put "available" in certain blocks that should actually be NO!

If people do not know already, the Gun industry is full of smoke & mirror type tricks to confuse the unsuspecting consumer.

Here is the thread in question: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=30&t=157433

C4

Feedback Score
    (If istill remember) the point of the chart is a reference for someone walking into a gun show/gun shop and have a good idea of this brand vs. that so that that they could make an informed choice vs their budget. So that they can go alright for $200 more I can buy this one with these additional features. changing the chart to make their product look better defeats the purpose of it. What's next remove several of the top tier manf. to move your company to the top of the list.

Page 55 of 140 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast