Page 67 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    But seeing as how the person who walks into the gun store is carrying the chart, and it's because of the chart that he's an informed, educated buyer, then he ought to be able to ask gun shop Joe to special order him a DPMS with all of the desirable features.

On the other hand, if new gun buyer is ignorant of the chart and walks in to Joe's Gun Shop and buys whatever is on the rack, then the chart had no affect, so the inclusion or exclusion of the note, along with every other "x" on the chart, was irrelevant.

Fair point, this may be the case. But you never know unless you ask.
    First, do think a lot of people have/seen and use this chart? If they have, why would they still choose a DPMS? Gun shops tend to want to sell you what they have on the shelf and generally do not like to special order items.

I have checked in the past on getting DPMS AR's built to the proper spec and was basically given the 4-6 month window. Maybe things have changed, but I doubt it.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It is false advertising to let people believe that mil-standard options are easily obtainable on DPMS AR's. This is why they should never get the "option" boxes checked on the chart.

C4
    Is it honest to deny options are available when they are? I would really like to get Rob's take on this since he is the creator of the list.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If someone can produce one of these custom-ordered DPMS rifles with these specs and share their experiences with regards to the ordering process I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Not saying the chart will get changed, but it's not getting changed without it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Actually, no, it is NOT time to update the list. What DPMS is doing is the playing the shell game as they realize they do not line up very well against the TDP. If you read carefully in that thread they say that 1/7 twists barrels are OPTIONAL (not standard). If you look at DPMS's website and click on a gun, you will notice that the standard barrel steel is 4140 and the twist rate is 1/9. http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=1049

Could you call them up and order everything custom? Yes you probably could. You could most likely do that with any company. The purpose of the chart is to show what is commonly found at your local gun store and what the average consumer is going to get
    By that logic, then all the CMMG "OPTIONAL" entries should have their footnotes removed. Never understood why they get to have footnotes but others do not. I think the chart should be based on the standard gun, not the possible options. But then, it is not my chart either.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosons View Post
    Is it honest to deny options are available when they are? I would really like to get Rob's take on this since he is the creator of the list.
    How do you know they are available? Do you believe everything a manufacturer tells you?
    Why don't call up DPMS and order a TDP following AR and see what you get.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If someone can produce one of these custom-ordered DPMS rifles with these specs and share their experiences with regards to the ordering process I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Not saying the chart will get changed, but it's not getting changed without it.
    Agree. Let's see a TDP followng DPMS AR!

I will now go hold my breath.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    By that logic, then all the CMMG "OPTIONAL" entries should have their footnotes removed. Never understood why they get to have footnotes but others do not. I think the chart should be based on the standard gun, not the possible options. But then, it is not my chart either.
    I do not see any footnotes. Am I looking in the wrong place? All I see is the number 1 and 2 telling what the numbers mean.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CMMG on the other hand has pull downs that let you choose the twist rate and such. This is why they get the option blocks checked in the chart. Again, DPMS likes to say that they offer XYZ, but they do not make it easy for the consumer to change things out. They much prefer you just buy a 4140 1/9 twist barrel. I would NOT put optional next to items that DPMS does not make readily available.

C4
    Double Talk.

In the prior post you wrote, "The purpose of the chart is to show what is commonly found at your local gun store and what the average consumer is going to get."

Since CMMG is not even in most local gun stores, now you change the story to whatever the web site config tool has to come up with an excuse to exclude DPMS.

Again, no footnotes for anybody. Go with the the standard config.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do not see any footnotes. Am I looking in the wrong place? All I see is the number 1 and 2 telling what the numbers mean.

C4
    2 is a footnote. You then go to the bottom of the chart to see what it means. Thus finding out there gun is now where near TDP, unless you custom order a bunch of options, Or in some cases IT IS NOT EVEN AVAILABLE UNLESS they are doing a custom run. Thus the majority of the guns that go out, are nowhere near the TDP.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Double Talk.

In the prior post you wrote, "The purpose of the chart is to show what is commonly found at your local gun store and what the average consumer is going to get."

Since CMMG is not even in most local gun stores, now you change the story to whatever the web site config tool has to come up with an excuse to exclude DPMS.

Again, no footnotes for anybody. Go with the the standard config.
    I think you might be confused. No double talk at all. CMMG is being found in more and more gun shops and is being sold by major Distr.'s such as RSR. They also had booth at Shot Show where they were picking up dealers.

CMMG primarily sells their weapon direct to the consumer via their website. So this is why you have to bend a little and look at how and where the consumer gets their weapons. DPMS, BM, Armalite, etc get their weapons into the hands of the consumer through gun stores (which buy them generally via large Distr.'s). See the difference??????????

For the record, I am no fan of CMMG either. I am also not a fan of Oly, DPMS, RRA, BM, etc. I dislike them all equally.

C4

Page 67 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast