Page 69 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Except that as soon as I change it there will be some other whiner wanting it the other way. There is no way to win..
    Don't worry about it.

Even though the chart is not "my way", the bottom line is anyone who can read can easily tell who makes a gun closest to the TDP and who doesn't, and that is the value of the chart, IMO.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    No the other way around, DPMS was being denied when others were allowed to have footnotes. CMMG being the prime example.

Mabye so, but CMMG does make it very easy to choose mil-spec configs and their consumer base buys direct. The other companies (like DPMS) do not make it easy and generally go out of their way to hide mil-spec options.

As I said, all the 2's should be removed as NONE of the lower tier AR makers offer easy to obtain mil-spec features.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Rob, there will ALWAYS be whiners. Especially the ones that feel that their favorite brand is not being well represented here. I do think that if DPMS cannot have number two's next to their name, then NONE of them should have it as they are all in the same boat.

C4
    I will gladly add the twos to the DPMS line as soon as someone who has ordered and received a DPMS custom order surfaces.

I have either seen, or know someone who has, items that are the twos for other makers. Or, as is the case with CMMG, anyone can simply click on their site and see that they are available.

FWIW, I think that the twos are bullshit, but they got whined into the chart in the first place so I'm reluctant to see them whined out. The good thing, with them there, is that we don't have a Twosons surface for each and every other brand and tell us all about the custom orders that can allegedly be had.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosons View Post
    I'm not saying you should order one. I just see "the chart" flaunted everywhere. Accuracy should be paramount. In my opinion, this is one area where bias is overriding accuracy. Like I said, I don't want to battle so we can agree to disagree. Work for you?
    Then you do the chart and investigate and update every time there is the slightest whiff of a rumor that something has changed. You deal with the plethora of whining fanboys and straight up rude haters.

He did it for free..........for himself..................was nice enough to share.............. so ****ING what if it WAS BIAS??? IT'S HIS CHART!!!!!

This comment and the previous one ("think its about time you updated your chart") flew over like a brick for me. Implied a supreme amount of "dickheadness" that just made me have to comment on it. You could have made your point about DPMS in a MUCH more tactful way.

Feedback Score

Dead Horse=Diminishing Returns

I live in a large-ish city with 10+ gun stores/active retailers. The ones which carry new ARs offer BM, DPMS, Oly, RRA, S&W and Armalite. When I've asked about an AR system with a mid-length gas system, the response is usually, "Uhh, we don't have any gas pistons yet, but they're coming, and they're awesome." Colt is expensive and LMT/Noveske/CMMG/etc. are mythical. After learning about arf.com, ammo-oracle, Grant, Rob's chart, CMMG's website, etc., I've gotten an education on ARs...something which just wouldn't happen via the local dealers I've met. Each one is in the bag for his own product, which is normal, but that doesn't help you learn anything or strive for excellence in your purchase.

If you want to learn something, you have to analyze and discriminate, use a variety of sources, and even get burned once or twice. I don't think any of the above dealers would think twice about whether DPMS has 1:7 twist availability (or barrel contour/torque, or staking the carrier key or castle nut for that matter). When you get down to a "generally" unheard-of item, whether it be a small or exotic manufacturer (ADS, Knight) or a hypothetical run of an option (DPMS 1:7), it seems perfectly logical they would not be on this chart. If someone wants a truly comprehensive chart, I think he'd run into the problem of diminishing returns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDL View Post
    Then you do the chart and investigate and update every time there is the slightest whiff of a rumor that something has changed. You deal with the plethora of whining fanboys and straight up rude haters.
    I just pointed him to the info. The chart is posted as factual information. In the interest of keeping it factual, I passed on some info out there. Sheesh, can't we all just get along.

He did it for free..........for himself..................was nice enough to share.............. so ****ING what if it WAS BIAS??? IT'S HIS CHART!!!!!
    The bias I was referring to was actually Grant's by his replies to my info passed on to Rob.

This comment and the previous one ("think its about time you updated your chart") flew over like a brick for me. Implied a supreme amount of "dickheadness" that just made me have to comment on it. You could have made your point about DPMS in a MUCH more tactful way.
    Perhaps you should actually quote what I said...

Rob,

I noticed on ARF.com that DPMS states that 1:7 twist barrels, Mil-spec receiver extensions and H buffers are all available as options. Should it be time to update your list?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=30&t=157433
    I just pointed him to info from the manufacturer, complete with photos. I then inquired if the list should be updated. Nothing offensive about that.

The good thing, with them there, is that we don't have a Twosons surface for each and every other brand and tell us all about the custom orders that can allegedly be had.
    Now, that was uncalled for. I just passed on some info out there. Why's everyone got to attack the messenger?

Feedback Score
    Neat chart

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I will gladly add the twos to the DPMS line as soon as someone who has ordered and received a DPMS custom order surfaces.
    I live approximately an hour away from DPMS's HQ, so naturally I see them at all of the firearm shows. I've yet to see anything but a run of the mill AR. If such options do exist they're far and few between. Even their so-called top of the line models lack many of the standard middle tier options (4150, 1/7 twist, M4 feedramps, etc.).
    Best Regards,
    28_days

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I just pointed him to the info. The chart is posted as factual information. In the interest of keeping it factual, I passed on some info out there. Sheesh, can't we all just get along.

The bias I was referring to was actually Grant's by his replies to my info passed on to Rob.

Perhaps you should actually quote what I said...

I just pointed him to info from the manufacturer, complete with photos. I then inquired if the list should be updated. Nothing offensive about that.

Now, that was uncalled for. I just passed on some info out there. Why's everyone got to attack the messenger?

You make the ASSumption that we were all unaware that DPMS (along with every other manufacturer) offers these options. This is incorrect. We (meaning Rob) has known this for a very long time. So you really pointed out something that was known and discarded.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 28_days View Post
    I live approximately an hour away from DPMS's HQ, so naturally I see them at all of the firearm shows. I've yet to see anything but a run of the mill AR. If such options do exist they're far and few between. Even their so-called top of the line models lack many of the standard middle tier options (4150, 1/7 twist, M4 feedramps, etc.).

Shocking! Oh wait, I already said this.

Thanks for the first hand account of what type of AR DPMS is producing.

C4

Page 69 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast