Page 70 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've edited the first post in the thread to add the following at the top.

1) If this is your first time visiting this thread, please read the WHOLE thread. Chances are we have already addressed whatever questions, comments, or concerns you may have

2) If you believe there are incorrect items, inconsistencies, or adjustments that should be made to the char, please see #1 above and then be prepared to provide DOCUMENTATION (photographic greatly preferred) of your issue and have first-hand knowledge of same.
    Hopefully this will cut down on some of the issues in the future.

For the record, I have no "bias" for or against one brand or the other. I could not possibly care less what brand of rifle you buy, and I don't earn one red cent from any purchase that anyone makes. If someone can prove and document that they have a rifle from a specific brand, of the model listed, that has features not shown on the chart, and can post pictures of the feature, the chart will be changed.

It really is just that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Also, for the record....

I happen to agree that all of the "2"s should be erased. If you follow rule 1 above, however, you'll see where people started posting "my special edition xyz came with feature abc". Hence, the "2"s which were given to companies that could be documented by end-users as having these features.

CMMG is a "special case" for exactly the reasons Grant posted. You can go right to their site and a la carte your way into the rifle that you want. None of the other makers, to my knowledge, have this ability. Also, at least amongst the internet community, there are many documented cases (see rule 2 above) of people that have CMMG rifles with these features.

Perhaps, in a couple of months, I'll go back to a more simplistic version of the chart. I'm not sure I like the current format/layout. Among other things, I think it works better with the manufacturers across the top and the features down the side. Also, and this will obviously start some crying again, I think that it is totally acceptable to list the manufactuers in order based on who has the most "X"s in their column. People agonizing over one position to the left or right will just have to deal with it.

So, keep an eye out in a couple of months for a chart with no "2"s, and with the old hierarchical organization.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If someone can prove and document that they have a rifle from a specific brand, of the model listed, that has features not shown on the chart, and can post pictures of the feature, the chart will be changed. It really is just that simple.
    Rob, the chart is great and as I have said before I really appreciate all the work that you have put into it.

I would note that reportedly the S&W M&P15s now ship with M4 feedramps. This is a recent change. I am not a credible source since I don't own one with the M4 cuts, but Grant, a S&W dealer, has posted this change in several threads so he can verify it.

Thanks again for all of yor hard work on this and your other posts.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austin12gauge View Post
    Rob, the chart is great and as I have said before I really appreciate all the work that you have put into it.

I would note that reportedly the S&W M&P15s now ship with M4 feedramps. This is a recent change. I am not a credible source since I don't own one with the M4 cuts, but Grant, a S&W dealer, has posted this change in several threads so he can verify it.

Thanks again for all of yor hard work on this and your other posts.
    You are correct. S&W AR's NOW come with HPT/MP tested bolts and M4 feed ramps (have pics to prove it).

C4

Feedback Score
    I just wanted to put my little thank you in here as well. I would like to thank Rob and everyone that has helped him in the process of making this chart.

The chart did help me in making the decision of which AR to buy and it was a great decision.

That is all....Carry on.
    ~D

Feedback Score
    If you're interested in feedback, I prefer the old format, with Colt, LMT on the left. Alphabetical only seems useful if there were many more manufacturers represented.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's been said before within these 35 pages, but it bears repeating.

Good work, Rob, and thank you for taking the time to develop and refine this.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score

Thumbs up WHAT CHART?

+1 Thanks Rob for the correct as currently researched, factual chart that has no bias involved. Directly helped me make a choice that wasn't based on "My B/O/R/S is as good as a Colt" opinion because I know a guy who owns one and everytime he shoots a box of ammo through it, he's never had a problem-yet.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    ... People agonizing over one position to the left or right will just have to deal with it....
    OK, I promise, no whining this time. Let the chips fall where they may!
    Michael Kassnar
    President, K.B.I., Inc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Rob,
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Bob

Page 70 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast