Page 72 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison Chart of Major AR Brands

Feedback Score
    You know, given the amount of pissing and moaning that gets accompanied with the chart, I would probably just take the bottom portion and provide picture examples of what each item is decribing (where possible). I would dump the manufacturer portion. If folks are too stupid to get the info about a particular brand themselves, then so be it. The fact that manufacturers may stretch the truth or lie, well "let the buyer beware".
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmecapn View Post
    You know, given the amount of pissing and moaning that gets accompanied with the chart, I would probably just take the bottom portion and provide picture examples of what each item is decribing (where possible). I would dump the manufacturer portion. If folks are too stupid to get the info about a particular brand themselves, then so be it. The fact that manufacturers may stretch the truth or lie, well "let the buyer beware".
    Believe me when I tell you, this thought has crossed my mind more than once. More of a "look for this" than a "these guys do this". It will still include the "why".

When I get around to it, I'll be posting an article like this on my site. I'm trying to amass the photos I need of things like BCGs, staking, buffers, etc. As much as possible I want to used original photos that I myself take rather than "pilfered" images, although I have secured permission for a lot of other folks images for the upcoming article in Combat Tactics. Technical drawings like those from Magpul and ar15barrels.com will still appear as I can't replicate those.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 28_days View Post
    I know approximately 10 people who have received their orders over the past month or two (due to the long delay). I can't say I've come across anyone with staking issues...it seems to be a thing of the past. We'd certainly hear about it if they did. It's the internet.

Regardless the "2" should be removed from that category. You could call Garson and request that it be done, but he'd simply reply that they all come properly staked.
    Gotta agree with Grant. The question is what is coming out of the factory now. Is it just those 10? Or has there been a major shift at CMMG? Do you have pics of the staking that was done? Im sure that Rob isnt against updating the chart if a manufacturer has changed production, but I believe he has stated that there needs to be definitive proof from the manufacturer before he would be so inclined.

Feedback Score
    If CMMG had miraculously started to properly stake 100% of their keys because of Robs chart, then I say mission accomplished - at least for CMMG and their bolt carrier keys...Sometimes the truth just plain hurts....One can either make excuses, run from it, deny, deny, deny or recognize and correct. By the way, a 10-bolt sample size is insignificant. Pour them into a pile of 100 or 1,000 bolt carriers and see what pops up...

Feedback Score
    I don't know why every manufacturer won't properly stake a gas key ,knowing how easy it is to do and cheap it is to do . this would eliminate the potential of problems and give better customer confidence in the product .
    WHO ME ? ---- A government big enough to
    give you everything you want, is
    strong enough to take everything
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I have secured permission for a lot of other folks images for the upcoming article in Combat Tactics. Technical drawings like those from Magpul and ar15barrels.com will still appear as I can't replicate those.
    And if you need something drawn or more advice on specific dimensions, I'd be happy to advise or help...
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I certainly agree with all of you, just wanted to bring it up if it had been overlooked. CMMG's stuff gets a bit confusing due to their "have it your way" business model (no complaining here, I find it quite nice).

MassMark made a great point, many manufacturers will flat out lie in order to sell their product(s). I'm not sure how we can combat this, short of better educating the average AR15 user/consumer. Well that and not publicly supporting dealers and shops who spread inaccurate information knowingly, though that's a bit tougher.
    Best Regards,
    28_days

Feedback Score
    And I believe robs chart has been a major factor in educating the consumer, much to the disappointment of some companies, who would rather not be compared to other companies in the bright light. Better to stay twisting in and out of the smoke. And keep those shiny ads coming.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell

Feedback Score

Please KEEP the Manufacturer's Names on The Chart.

Rob, Please DON'T ever drop the manufacturer's names from The Chart.

Your chart is Priceless and it will make'em or break'em before it's over!

Thanks Again, for all the hard work you've put into The Chart.
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    the upcoming article in Combat Tactics.
    Looking to forward to seeing this article - please let it be known when it'll be published. And another thank you for The Chart - fantastic information.

~tp

Page 72 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast