Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SA M-7 Classic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SA M-7 Classic

I just bought a SA M-7 Classic a few months ago, and I want to remove the muzzle nut. The owner’s manual says that it’s welded on, but I saw a post from Templar that said it is blind pinned. I saw his pictures too. I don’t want to try it on my own and ruin the barrel. Would someone give me some guidance how to do it?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What's you're serial #?

They made both post ban (which is what I have) and no ban models.

If you can push the plunger at the muzzle down, and then remember that it's reverse threaded....meaning lefty tighty, righty loosey.....turn to the right and see if you can take it off.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    What's you're serial #?

They made both post ban (which is what I have) and no ban models.

If you can push the plunger at the muzzle down, and then remember that it's reverse threaded....meaning lefty tighty, righty loosey.....turn to the right and see if you can take it off.
    Pretty sure my SA M7 Carbine works the same as above...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The serial # starts with AC 02 but the factory signed owner’s manual says that it was made in February of 2003. The plunger pin can be pushed in and there seems to be threads under it, but when I try to loosen it (clockwise), it won’t budge. I think it’s post ban, and I’m scared to really crank down on it. I would take it to a gunsmith, but I haven’t found one here in Tampa that seems to know much about modifying AK’s. I know that the nut doesn’t effect how the rifle performs, but after seeing how sweet Templar’s Classic looks with the Polish laminate I want to put a walnut Iron wood stock set, and a slant break compensator on it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    AC 02 means the receiver was built in 2002, probably the same batch as mine was.

There is indeed a blind pin that's holding the muzzle nut on. If you don't want to mess with it, I'd say hit up Mario @ Piece of History Firearms, Troy @ InRange, Will @ Red Jacket. It would be a 5 minute job to drill the pin out and bust the muzzle nut off.

You will have some damage to the theads, but if you do it right, when the drill bit touches them, you won't do anything that prevents you from installing another muzzle device, and the divit is hidden when you have a thread protector on there anyway.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks, Templar. Last dumb question, should I just take some sand paper to the nut to find the pin.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carniemedic View Post
    Thanks, Templar. Last dumb question, should I just take some sand paper to the nut to find the pin.
    That's how it was done on mine. Not a dumb question.....

Bear in mind though that the muzzle nut is "correct" for a milled Type 3 AK-47, a slant brake is "correct" for the later stamped AKM.

Ultimately though, it should be "correct" for you.
    Last edited by TOrrock; 11-06-10 at 08:39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Be good to her. I sold my SA M7 that I bought in 2003. Regreted it ever since!! You won't find a better AK.
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast