Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M1 carbine $$$ value?

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Good catch on " the ammo though it " not with it.
    Still , if he picked up 2/3 of the brass ...
    M1 Carbine brass lasts for a lot of loadings. Most progressive pistol loading rigs like Dillions will handle M1 Carbine loading . Just run a carbide die & lightly lub every other case. Milspec Carbine brass is thick & heavy , even carbide needs a little lub.

ETA:
    Gun Blowker might be OK but remember the $850 WASR's from the Obamania panic.
    There is a metric shitload of M1 Carbines and ( sooner or later ) 1911's waiting to come home from South Korea . The gungrabbers can only stall the deal for a limited amount of time.
    Last edited by A-Bear680; 11-08-10 at 14:35. Reason: Afterthought.
    "... in common use at the time... for all lawful purposes... "

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have actually fired the gun and it performs well. It has had 1300 rounds of WOLF ammo through it. I think it is a pretty good deal, it just sucks that the ammo is so $$$$$ for it. I mean I could almost get 1000 rounds of brass 556 ammo for the price of 1000 rounds of .30 wolf. I love how handy and light the m1c is, however it does seem a little underpowered. I rarely shoot the P238, in fact I have not even fired a box of ammo through it. Its purpose is CC. I just do not want to make the trade and regret it...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    New one: $525

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=199660081

So I would deduct 25 to 40% from that, depending on if you sell privately or to a dealer.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

The little gun seems like a good shooter grade M1 Carbine . The ammo cost thing might be nothing more than a speed bump. There is quite a bit of ROK milsurp .30 Car and 7.62x51 from various places in my basement from back in the day ( circa 2003 ) when it sold for $150 per K . ( It's not for sale .) Right now I am betting on significant amounts of Carbine ammo , linked 30'06 , and .45 FMJ coming in from Asia over the next few years.
    The M1 Carbine is basically a 100 yard niche gun - an old school PDW. The 1941 PDW design can't compete with AR's and AK's head to head as a primary weapon.
    "... in common use at the time... for all lawful purposes... "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12