Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Pic thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Can you be more specific please on why the MD cut affects how the holster conceals for you. Based on the features that differ b/w regular and MD cut I can't figure out what would make it conceal less.
    The MD Cut has zero cant, and even at the 3 o'clock position the grip of my Sig sticks out with my body type. While the normal rearward cant conceals really well for me between 3-4 o'clock.

It's not a bad design, just doesn't work for me. Mine came that way by accident, by I paid for it in addition to the one the way I ordered to see what the hub bub was about. I still pull it out from time to time when I am running something non-competition (I have dedicated competition rigs) OWB where speed is important.

Feedback Score
    -1 (50%)

where do

where do you get these?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

some pics, some new some old
    Last edited by willowofwisp; 11-12-10 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    I was under the impression that the "MD Cut" referred to the slant cut at the leading edge of the holster- so that if you dropped to the kneeling position, the holster would not cut into the crease of the leg. Is this true? Are there other aspects of the 'MD Cut'

Is the body shield/shirt guard the same?

If the weapon mounted light is removed from the weapon - do you loose all manner of weapons retention...

Thank you in advance-
    looking to make a purchase soon, just need a few questions answered.

Marc

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    From Raven's website:

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.c...19297c46438727

"1. What are the different “Cuts?” We offer two basic cuts for our holster, but during the order process the customer can mix and match certain feature of each if they wish. Basic cuts: Standard-Holster comes with a 10 degree forward cant, a full body shield to protect the gun from sweat and provide retention on the thumb safety if your pistol has one. The body shield will prevent your thumb safety from becoming disengaged while you carry out your day. MD Cut (pistol holster)-The MD Cut holster is designed to be carried OWB and forward of the hip (“two oclock“ for right handed shooters, “10 oclock“ for left handed shooters). The MD cut is a straight drop holster (no forward cant) with a reduced body shield. MD Cut (Magazine Carriers)-We also make slight modifications to the magazine carriers to better suit carry closer to the belt buckle. With the MD Cut Carriers, we trim the leading corner of the holster to allow for better movement, more comfort while sitting, etc. The drawback is reduced modularity with this carrier, as it will not mount up to the other carriers/holsters we offer. As always, your mission drive the gear."

As far as weapon retention without the light, no it will not hold it.

-Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    I was under the impression that the "MD Cut" referred to the slant cut at the leading edge of the holster- so that if you dropped to the kneeling position, the holster would not cut into the crease of the leg. Is this true? Are there other aspects of the 'MD Cut'

If the weapon mounted light is removed from the weapon - do you loose all manner of weapons retention...

Thank you in advance-

Marc

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post

Thank you in advance-

Marc
    Your questions are covered in our faq:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=66490

Thanks,

Tom
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by streck View Post
    I think Gator Blue needs to be an option....
    Go Gators!

Feedback Score
    Thank you Tom. I had tried the search function, apparently my Google-fu is weak.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Semper Fi -

Marc

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Just wanted to post these since I had hard time finding g26/27 raven pics a while back even though there are some nice ones right above this. Thanks Chuc!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

I received a new Raven yesterday, this one is straight drop and has the abbreviated body shield, I guess they call it the MD cut. I snapped a couple pictures showing the side by side view of the MD cut versus the standard forward cant and full body shield. The older standard holster is on the left and the MD cut is on the right. I mounted the "pancake wings" belt loops on the new holster and wore it around the house for a couple hours. I think the wing loops does pull the gun closer to my side and offer more concealment. I was concerned that my belt was putting too much stress on the wings but Tom assured me that they won't break.

The new standard loops (not the wings) also appeared to be more robust than the old type. The current kydex is slightly thicker than the older holster that I've had for at least two years.

The straight drop lets me holster the gun/light combo easier than the forward cant. I can also wear the holster slightly ahead of my hip for quicker draws.

I also got a single mag pouch (not pictured). This thing really holds the magazine tight to my side and not sticking it out there to get hung up in furnitures/chairs, etc.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast