Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Pic thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abcsRezy View Post
    is that the MD cut? How do you like it? does it interface with the thumb safety?
    Not sure who you are asking, but I have both MD Cut holster and Mag Pouch.

This is purely my opinion, the MD cut is good if you consider how it's designed. For me the MD cut holster is faster, but it doesn't conceal as well on my body as a normal cut holster does.

The MD cut mag pouches do exactly as they are designed, it's so the forward mag pouch is less likely to hit your leg when you are moving around.

Feedback Score
    97 (100%)
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be.... War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sorry About the dirty work clothes and the bathroom scene. Took these photos just for this thread so here ya go!

Phantom LC in cyote with MD cut for M&P9 FS w/ TLR-1
    Double mag carrier
    I got non MD cut on the mag carrier because I like to wear my mags at about 7:30 and the extra material cut off wouldn't really benefit me much. As you can see, the holster maintains a very slim profile and keeps the gun close to the body. The only problem I have is with the butt of the gun sticking out back a little bit and printing, but it isn't a huge deal.

Last edited by mhanna91; 11-11-10 at 21:39. Reason: wrong pic

Feedback Score
    97 (100%)
    Nice wallpaper.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be.... War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Not sure who you are asking, but I have both MD Cut holster and Mag Pouch.
    Sorry I want clear. I ordered the MD cut because I like getting my thumb on the safety at the start of my draw. Not a big deal or anything but sweat guards annoy me for this reason. I was close to asking them to do something in between, so I could still get my thumb on most of the safety, but still have that little 'safety slot' to prevent it from accidently coming off during day-to-day stuff.

I decided against it for now, since I'll be using this holster mostly OWB, but I think I'll order another one with this intermediate cut when i get back stateside.

What I was asking was whether the MD cut sweat guard got to the thumb safety at all, but I've since answered m own question.

not my pic!
    Last edited by abcsRezy; 11-12-10 at 04:21. Reason: pic thread

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    For me the MD cut holster is faster, but it doesn't conceal as well on my body as a normal cut holster does.
    Can you be more specific please on why the MD cut affects how the holster conceals for you. Based on the features that differ b/w regular and MD cut I can't figure out what would make it conceal less.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider79 View Post
    Nice wallpaper.
    I know right? You gotta deal with the hand you are dealt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Before the flood of emails, PM's, and posts:

No, we are not producing the drop leg at this time. That pic is about 3 years old. We may approach a project like that in the future, but for now we are focusing our efforts on getting orders out the door for you guys who have been patiently waiting.

To VolGrad-

The Standard holster has a slight forward cant, which helps to tuck the grip of the gun in a bit more for concealment.

The MD Cut holster is designed to be worn directly on the hip or slightly in front of it.

The Standard Cut holster is designed to be worn directly on the hip or slightly behind it.

We have seen an influx of guys ordering MD Cut gear and then having issues concealing it at 4 oclock. Putting a full size gun in a zero cant holster behind your hip OWB simply isn't going to conceal that well, regardless of who made the holster. I ask that guys order the holsters they need that best fits their style of shooting/carry, and not what they saw their friends or guys on the internet with, or what they saw in a video. Each serve their purpose beautifully, just pick the right one for your needs.
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you're looking for a similar drop leg holster-

Our friend Greg Peters at Peters Custom Holsters makes the "Ares Drop Leg." That may be an option.

Ares Drop Leg
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    Before the flood of emails, PM's, and posts:
    LOL, good call!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Can you be more specific please on why the MD cut affects how the holster conceals for you. Based on the features that differ b/w regular and MD cut I can't figure out what would make it conceal less.
    The MD Cut has zero cant, and even at the 3 o'clock position the grip of my Sig sticks out with my body type. While the normal rearward cant conceals really well for me between 3-4 o'clock.

It's not a bad design, just doesn't work for me. Mine came that way by accident, by I paid for it in addition to the one the way I ordered to see what the hub bub was about. I still pull it out from time to time when I am running something non-competition (I have dedicated competition rigs) OWB where speed is important.

Feedback Score

where do

where do you get these?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

some pics, some new some old
    Last edited by willowofwisp; 11-12-10 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    I was under the impression that the "MD Cut" referred to the slant cut at the leading edge of the holster- so that if you dropped to the kneeling position, the holster would not cut into the crease of the leg. Is this true? Are there other aspects of the 'MD Cut'

Is the body shield/shirt guard the same?

If the weapon mounted light is removed from the weapon - do you loose all manner of weapons retention...

Thank you in advance-
    looking to make a purchase soon, just need a few questions answered.

Marc

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    From Raven's website:

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.c...19297c46438727

"1. What are the different “Cuts?” We offer two basic cuts for our holster, but during the order process the customer can mix and match certain feature of each if they wish. Basic cuts: Standard-Holster comes with a 10 degree forward cant, a full body shield to protect the gun from sweat and provide retention on the thumb safety if your pistol has one. The body shield will prevent your thumb safety from becoming disengaged while you carry out your day. MD Cut (pistol holster)-The MD Cut holster is designed to be carried OWB and forward of the hip (“two oclock“ for right handed shooters, “10 oclock“ for left handed shooters). The MD cut is a straight drop holster (no forward cant) with a reduced body shield. MD Cut (Magazine Carriers)-We also make slight modifications to the magazine carriers to better suit carry closer to the belt buckle. With the MD Cut Carriers, we trim the leading corner of the holster to allow for better movement, more comfort while sitting, etc. The drawback is reduced modularity with this carrier, as it will not mount up to the other carriers/holsters we offer. As always, your mission drive the gear."

As far as weapon retention without the light, no it will not hold it.

-Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    I was under the impression that the "MD Cut" referred to the slant cut at the leading edge of the holster- so that if you dropped to the kneeling position, the holster would not cut into the crease of the leg. Is this true? Are there other aspects of the 'MD Cut'

If the weapon mounted light is removed from the weapon - do you loose all manner of weapons retention...

Thank you in advance-

Marc

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."

-Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way.

AC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post

Thank you in advance-

Marc
    Your questions are covered in our faq:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=66490

Thanks,

Tom

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by streck View Post
    I think Gator Blue needs to be an option....
    Go Gators!

Feedback Score
    Thank you Tom. I had tried the search function, apparently my Google-fu is weak.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Semper Fi -

Marc

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Just wanted to post these since I had hard time finding g26/27 raven pics a while back even though there are some nice ones right above this. Thanks Chuc!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

I received a new Raven yesterday, this one is straight drop and has the abbreviated body shield, I guess they call it the MD cut. I snapped a couple pictures showing the side by side view of the MD cut versus the standard forward cant and full body shield. The older standard holster is on the left and the MD cut is on the right. I mounted the "pancake wings" belt loops on the new holster and wore it around the house for a couple hours. I think the wing loops does pull the gun closer to my side and offer more concealment. I was concerned that my belt was putting too much stress on the wings but Tom assured me that they won't break.

The new standard loops (not the wings) also appeared to be more robust than the old type. The current kydex is slightly thicker than the older holster that I've had for at least two years.

The straight drop lets me holster the gun/light combo easier than the forward cant. I can also wear the holster slightly ahead of my hip for quicker draws.

I also got a single mag pouch (not pictured). This thing really holds the magazine tight to my side and not sticking it out there to get hung up in furnitures/chairs, etc.
    Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast