Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Raven Concealment Pic thread

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I wanted to update on the pancake wings installation. As in my post above, I was concerned that the belt was putting too much stress on the wings. Tom F. saw my picture and PM me that if I reverse the wings, i.e. move the front to back and vice versa, it would lessen the stress that the belt would have to press against those wings. I gave that a try and boy do I feel stupid. It feels much better this way.
    Thanks Tom.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I wanted to update on the pancake wings installation. As in my post above, I was concerned that the belt was putting too much stress on the wings. Tom F. saw my picture and PM me that if I reverse the wings, i.e. move the front to back and vice versa, it would lessen the stress that the belt would have to press against those wings. I gave that a try and boy do I feel stupid. It feels much better this way.
    Thanks Tom.
    I'm glad it's working out for you, Sam!

I just want to reiterate that the wings will not break in the original mounting position, only that it's a bit more comfortable and easier to thread the belt in the "standard" mounted position.

We designed the offset in the wings to allow people to play around with their setup. We did the math a while back, and with two sets of Pancake wings there are something like 64 different mounting combinations available.

We invested heavily into new tooling and materials for our current offering of belt loops, and these new processes are head-and-shoulders above what is possible with Kydex belt loops. Kydex is a great material for the holster body itself, but it is simply the wrong choice for belt loops. Even with thicker material, the constant stress of pulling on those belt loops every day will eventually crack and break them.

We have over 20,000 holsters out in use, and at least that many modular magazine, flashlight, and cuff carriers. Our experience in this industry has shown us that attempting to do everything with Kydex is the wrong approach. We were confident the new items would be well received, and I'm happy to see that is the case.
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345