Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to firearms and I want to join the NRA

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I recommend joining, Life Membership if you are young enough to get the value. They used to have "lay aways" on Life Membership where you pay over 2-years or something like that.

The size of the membership is what gives the NRA its clout. I never get mail or calls.

Just getting into guns, I'd select the American Rifleman magazine as your magazine. It's getting as washed out as other gun mags (and SWAT) but they do have some pretty good articles.

This Forum will probably teach you more than all the gun mags combined but just be sure to be one of the guys that "read before you talk".

Last edited by ucrt; 01-06-11 at 00:07.

Feedback Score
    The main reason to join aside from being a gun owner, is the NRA PROTECTS GUN RIGHTS!! Like when the sneaky obama admin trys to pass laws that try to take away our right(s) to bear arms. That one reason alone is worth joining in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    join for sure. if you want to be able to own a gun in the future, you need to support the hobby and the right

lots of chatter about NRA's effectiveness/hardcoreness etc but the fact is, when gun bills come up, senators don't worry about how the goa members will react, they worry about NRA members.

that being said I belong to both, my entire family is NRA life members including my four year old but you should join the NRA first and any other orgs next

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisuello View Post
    I used to be an NRA member, now I am a life-member of GOA. I don't care about discounts/etc, all I care is that an organization represents me.
    The GOA does not represent anyone as they don't have a presence on Capitol Hill.

They do not have lobbyists on Capitol Hill. They do not affect legislation, they do nothing really but collect money while talking trash about the NRA. Yes, they have been caught making lies.

The GOA is a scam, I sometimes wonder if it might be a COINTELPRO operation for the anti-gun side.

Feedback Score
    BTW, You got to do more than just join the NRA. Your membership dues only pays for your registration costs, the magazine, and your "free" hat.

Give up a portion of the budget for things like espresso or beer and donate it to the NRA-ILA. Lobbying congressmen does require money.

Also, get on the NRA website and look into becoming an NRA certified firearms instructor. You will do alot for the cause by training people to become safe and responsible gunowners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123