Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to firearms and I want to join the NRA

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Get on their no contact list and it's not an issue.

I never get spam or junk mail.

It's a non issue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Get on their no contact list and it's not an issue.

I never get spam or junk mail.

It's a non issue.
    thank you...i get real tired of hearing this complaint.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It is true that they will send you a lot of junk mail (though some is informative like the new accidental death and dismemberment for free), but I have not bothered to get on the list to stop it. I have never received a call from them though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taylodr View Post
    It is true that they will send you a lot of junk mail (though some is informative like the new accidental death and dismemberment for free), but I have not bothered to get on the list to stop it. I have never received a call from them though.
    I could care less about junk mail. At least it's not bills. I guess you can get on there no call list, so thats good. I'm going to go ahead and join this week. I look forward to being part of the NRA..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think they have done a lot of good and have some great programs, but overall they have sold us out too many times. I gave up membership 10 years ago and will not go back any time soon. I wish I felt otherwise.
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Word:
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I've never gotten a discount for being an NRA member, but a lot of private ranges require NRA membership.

I'd highly recommend joining up.
    The NRA is still the biggest and most feared gun rights organization. The Second Amendment Foundation is number two and they work well with the NRA . Still , nobody flips Fuds better than the NRA . It takes votes to win.

Larry Pratt of GOA buried the hatchet months ago . Still , the bullshit has a half life measued in years . It's like the dreaded HR45 that was DOA right from the start.
    www.nra.org
    www.saf.org

We are winning.

YMMV

"... in common use at the time... for all lawful purposes... "

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    If you are a law abiding gun owner, it is your duty to join the NRA, period.

For Christmas I purchased every immediate gun owning member of my family an Associate Membership for $10.

They certainly have their shortcomings, but they possess tremendous clout when it comes to lobbying power in Washington D.C.

Join today!
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    It's bad enough that joining the NRA will net you a TON of junk mail and evening telephone soliciitation calls...but if you give them your email address you also will get endless spam. If those things don't bother you, go ahead and join up. If you are already getting enough of that crap, consider donating to the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action via money order or bank check instead of buying a membership. The money goes to the same causes and you'll get less crap in your inbox.
    I am a member of the NRA. I opted in on the emails and the phone calls were only during the election cycle. No big deal seeing as how I was getting calls from other political groups anyway. It has been a few months since the NRA called me so all is good. Don't be afraid to join. Keep your membership active and later on you can even elect to support other gun advocacy groups. An NRA membership is the baseline for all gun owners. Enjoy your Kimber and welcome to the fold.

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisuello View Post
    I used to be an NRA member, now I am a life-member of GOA. I don't care about discounts/etc, all I care is that an organization represents me.
    I agree, when the NRA supported people like Reid (up until recently last year) who voted for the Clinton era Modern Firearms Ban(or the AWB), it just pissed me off. However they do have a lot of clout, but really need to look harder at whom they support sometimes in elections. Join at least one Gun organization, there are others- NAGR and GOA are two others.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arbninftry View Post
    I agree, when the NRA supported people like Reid (up until recently last year) who voted for the Clinton era Modern Firearms Ban(or the AWB), it just pissed me off. However they do have a lot of clout, but really need to look harder at whom they support sometimes in elections. Join at least one Gun organization, there are others- NAGR and GOA are two others.
    In hindsight, the NRA made the correct choice supporting Reid. If Reid had lost, we could have an anti-gun nut running the Senate. As much as Reid sucks on everything else he keeps the anti-gun stuff from seeing the light of day in the Senate. That is the NRAs goal and their only issue. It was the right choice for the NRA.

I am more irritated with the NRA for trying to take credit for the Heller decision.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast