Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011

Feedback Score

It would be nice if Colt would get it together for one good run of 1911 again. Those are some good looking pics posted.
    They'll need to have the internals to get those prices from me. The engraving on a standard pistol alone won't pry me off of $2,500.I'd like to see what Wilson will come up with. I have one of their's now that I like .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've thought of doing a custom build for the 100th anniversary but I am curious to see what the manufacturers come up with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is what Colt should have done as the anniversary model:

But, I guess gingerbread and scrollwork is what appeals to the modern day "pistolero"....
    Last edited by peruna; 11-16-10 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    I have to agree with you peruna, that is the design that is about to celebrate its centennial and if Colt would build a faithful reissue of that model that was as beautiful as the pistol in your picture, I would buy at least one of them. Even if they could build it I'm sure they would ruin it with an ugly rollmark or unnecessary engraving.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just don't get why Colt botched such an opportunity. If they made a correct replica of the original commercial model, it would have blown the others out of the water. No question....

Feedback Score
    Those pistols with the fire blue parts are among the most beautiful versions I have ever seen. I've always wanted a nice one like that.

Feedback Score
    "Fire blue?" Are you talking about the color case-hardening?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I recall reading that Novak was working with Colt on some kind of 2011 / 1911A2 model.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziptie View Post
    "Fire blue?" Are you talking about the color case-hardening?
    Yes, and the resulting blue lustre on the trigger, slide lock, thumb safety, hammer, and screws on the pistol in peruna's pictures above. Unfortunately Colt couldn't do this today, even if they wanted to. That's a lost art as far as Colt is concerned.

Feedback Score
    I will get a 1911 in 2011.

I'm going to wait and see what the special editions will be. There are sure to be plenty of awesome ones out there.

Hopefully Colt will deliver.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 11-19-10 at 00:07.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast