Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Surefire G2x Pro

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You say the Z49 doesn't work with the Pro? Maybe the electronics that trigger the low/high mode are in the tailcap? But you say the Z58 works so this may not be the case.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .30kal View Post
    I heard that they will be releasing other colors in May, but with the new increased price. This appears too be the case as LA Police Gear has them available for pre-order but with a +$40 up-charge. For $55 minus the 15% discount they had going this past weekend, I ordered my second black GX2.
    Wow, at $105 for the G2x Pro I may be driven to the chinese lights!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wow for that price I would rather buy the black one for $65 and spray paint it yellow.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Wow for that price I would rather buy the black one for $65 and spray paint it yellow.
    I hear what you're saying, but...

Having spray-painted things before, it's just not workable for me, especially in some of the applications I'm thinking of, as I already have yellow paint chips all over a ton of shit.

I may just have to buy the black ones anyway. I've just lost so much black gear over the years that I try to avoid it if at all possible.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can see how that would be annoying with the paint chips everywhere. I just don't understand why the price is going up by such a significant amount but I'm sure there's a reason. I can probably buy a yellow G2 with a nice lower-power LED drop-in and be just as happy. Most of the multi-mode LEDs I've used suck and I hate the user interface on them, so I would have to try before I buy with the new SF Pro but so far I am liking the 2 mode SureFire. Because who really needs a medium setting? Either high or low for me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If I could find a good source for say, 5-10, G2L in yellow, I wouldn't even bother with the G2x, Pro or otherwise. I like the feature set of the new lights, especially the Pro model, but not at $100+.

ETA:
    I have one of these. I wonder if I can buy those reflective stickers separately, if they'll fit in the recesses in the G2x body/tail, and if they'd stay stuck over the long haul. Might make it viable and the stickers coming loose would be less of an issue than the paint all over the place.
    Last edited by rob_s; 03-22-11 at 06:43.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That was exactly my line of thinking as well. I'm only attracted to the G2X because it offers two levels of output and a clicky tailcap for $65. IMO it should stay at $65.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I believe the clicky switch is also somewhat weak on the G2X pro series.

The one I purchased from Amazon shipped with a defective click switch, turning off and failing to keep the light on when engaged. In addition, in the Ares Armor video, the Surefire clicky also fails early on.

I may be wrong, but I just remember a distinct impression that the click switch may be a weak point on the light.

Luckily, SF has solid CS, and they sent a replacement switch fairly quickly.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    The G2X Pro I have had issues where the hi and lo would not stay on intermittently. The issue was that I was not screwing the tail cap in all the way.

I got into the habit of not screwing in the tailcap on my G2 LED all the way because if you bump the tail cap or any thing it would turn the light on unintentionally.

What I discovered with the G2X Pro is that it does not have this issue. You can screw in the tail cap all the way and you will not have an ND when you put pressure against the tail cap from any angle or any way.

Once I screwed in the tail cap so far it has not had any issues staying on or malfunctioning. It is a decent light I picked up for around $56 on sale at REI. The 15 lumen mode and 200 lumen mode with a clicky tail cap is a huge improvement over the old school G2 as an EDC light for me (personal preference).

As per what another poster said earlier with the way this one is designed I would not use it as a weapon light. I still have my G2 LED on my rifle.
    Last edited by og556; 03-22-11 at 19:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    ETA:
    I have one of these. I wonder if I can buy those reflective stickers separately, if they'll fit in the recesses in the G2x body/tail, and if they'd stay stuck over the long haul. Might make it viable and the stickers coming loose would be less of an issue than the paint all over the place.
    Reflective stickers are widely available, and in various pre-cut lengths and widths. I have them on various pieces of gear that I prefer not to lose.

Cutting them down to the little squares would be a nuisance, but may be worth the time for your ap.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast