Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a new 45

Feedback Score
    I would simplify your carry situation, personally. As stated, muscle memory is key to proficiency. If you carry a DA/SA at work, why confuse the mix while not at work? IMO, ditch the Glock and get a DA/SA .45 if that is what you want. Nothing wrong with the HK45c and IMO, it's the best .45 on the market. Yes, mags are more expensive, but it all boils down to what YOU are willing to pay.

Feedback Score
    I'm in the opposite position of you, I would rather carry the 9mm on duty, but have to carry a .40 or .45 on duty. If it were me, I would just carry a Beretta on my own time. Nothing wrong with the 9mm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seang View Post
    I'm in the opposite position of you, I would rather carry the 9mm on duty, but have to carry a .40 or .45 on duty. If it were me, I would just carry a Beretta on my own time. Nothing wrong with the 9mm.
    with out going in to detail the Beretta is not for me.

Duty station here....duty station there...
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I would simplify your carry situation, personally. As stated, muscle memory is key to proficiency. If you carry a DA/SA at work, why confuse the mix while not at work?
    Yep, and training with another platform outside of work will screw up your muscle memory, and in fact compromise your ability to use your duty weapon to the best of your ability. If you carry a gun for your job, that is because you have higher chance of getting in a gun fight than the average person walking around town. Never confuse "gun fight" with civilian self defense. They are two entirely different ball games, and the gun fight has much higher stakes.

I know, wanting to carry something different and new is always an appeal. However, so many of us try to solve software problems with hardware solutions.........and we end up with just creating new problems.
    "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but a fool's heart to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2

Glock Armorer
    Sig Sauer Armorer
    Colt M16/M4 Armorer
    Remington 870/11-87 Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    ok if I stick to da/sa pistols i have hk45c or sig220 which on would be a better choice.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Why one compact and one fullsize? HK45c is a carry piece and the P220 is a full size piece. The P220 may be too big for ccw. If not then the fullsize HK45 should be in the running as well.

Feedback Score
    I'd go M&P45 full size.

DA/SA sucks
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    When I carried a Beretta 92F on duty, I carried a S&W 3913 off-duty, as it offered exactly the same manual of arms, but in a much friendlier carry package; in your situation, I'd probably get a used 3913.

At this time, if I were going to purchase a new .45 ACP pistol for CCW, my first choice would be the M&P45 mid-size w/Apex Duty Kit, followed by the HK45c.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 11-09-10 at 18:05.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Please take the time to read through all the threads that have been posted over the years concerning this. Reading some of the stickies at the top of this forum would be a good start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12