Thread: The One Book

Feedback Score

The One Book

If you were going to recommend just 1 book that covered user end use and maintenance for a 1911, which one would it be?

Given that there are 100s of books on the 1911 and some times they conflict wildly.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    One book for "use" and maintenance? I do not think that exists. Basic maintenance does not really require a book. I suggest reading the 10-8 Performance website or blog for good no-nonsense maintenance info for the 1911.
    For "use" go train with LAV at his 1911 class.

Having said that, I really enjoy Patrick Sweeney's 1911 books. The first volume of his gun digest books has maintenance info with step by step pictures.

Feedback Score
    Check out "The Shooter's Guide to the 1911 Pattern Pistol", by Stephen Camp. Volumn one of three of Patrick Sweeney's books is good, too.

Feedback Score
    You can't learn what you need to make the platform work from a book. Take a class from Dean Caputo or LAV.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sff70 View Post
    You can't learn what you need to make the platform work from a book. Take a class from Dean Caputo or LAV.
    No but there is a lot you can learn from a book, which is the topic of this thread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    check your pm's
    type 2 operator