Thread: LWRC .499

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

LWRC .499

what ever happened to this big bore ? there is no mention of this rifle and caliber on their site as once promoted.
    i know some folks who bought one of their rifles or uppers and they have functional problems and no one at the company seems to want to make it right, what ever happened to their lifetime warranty ??
    are they ever going to produce this rifle and caliber or is it DEAD ? and those who own one are just plain S.O.L. ??
    ammo, where does one find the ammo ? are there dies for reloading ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You may want to go to LWRC and ask this question. When I was in their shop last week there were 3-4 .499 uppers being serviced so LWRC seems to still be supporting them. No clue about the reloading stuff. Again, your best source of info would be on the LWRC forum.
    Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The 499 was only really being kept alive by the outright lies of Paul Leitner-Wise on the internet. Best I can tell, it was "dead" a long time ago.

USCG flatly rejected it as a viable option, and they were having some real operational issues with the platform.

Though this was all obfuscated by PLW's lies and fabricated internet "personalities".

ETA: However, having seen the weapon, I think it's shameful that PLW didn't attempt a more conventional marketing campaign to sustain what could have been an interesting AR caliber.

Feedback Score
    Shi,
    i believe you are very wrong in your assesment of Paul L-W

" the outright lies..."

care to to be more specific ?

"could have been an interesting AR caliber. "

still is !! i believe the one i have is a "Tank Killer" and i love it !!

i am one of those suckers who bought one with the thousand rounds of ammo deal.., i say "sucker" because the company will NOT support the gun they sold !

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4 Colt View Post
    Shi,
    i believe you are very wrong in your assesment of Paul L-W

" the outright lies..."

care to to be more specific ?
    We will not go down this path. PLW's antics have been well documented on several other sites so they don't need to be resurrected here.

Feedback Score
    The USCG contract foundered on two warranty issues; corroding ammunition and unreliable magazines. The Alaskan owners of the company at the time did not financially support the replacement program.

Last I heard on ammunition, it was coming from Silver State Armory although demands for their 6.8 production may have stopped that. LWRC seem to have their hands full building 5.56 and 6.8 piston guns and trying to develop their 308 rifle so I wouldn't anticipate them doing much with the 499.