Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LWRC .499

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4 Colt View Post
    building 20 or 30 guns a month don't sound to me like "hands full", if they are producing THAT many.
    They are shipping 3-400 complete rifles a month and probably twice that many uppers and/or conversions.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_ATS View Post
    They are shipping 3-400 complete rifles a month and probably twice that many uppers and/or conversions.

Stephen
    Stephen, I heard from an employee of one of their suppliers that production was at around 250 units a quarter - not that it matters or is of any consequence, but that's a big difference between the 1,200 units you've indicated. That sort of volume would probably explain why they are not supporting the 499.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Stephen, I heard from an employee of one of their suppliers that production was at around 250 units a quarter - not that it matters or is of any consequence, but that's a big difference between the 1,200 units you've indicated. That sort of volume would probably explain why they are not supporting the 499.
    I just know what I saw. They have three cells set up that could produce a total of 4 to 5000 guns and uppers a month. They only have one of them running right now and like I said it is kicking out complete guns at a rate of about 300 a month and uppers at about twice that rate.

It is possible that they are getting their components from more than one supplier. We do. Also, my info is current as of a couple of weeks ago. They may have only made 5 guns in May as far I know.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    I just know what I saw. They have three cells set up that could produce a total of 4 to 5000 guns and uppers a month. They only have one of them running right now and like I said it is kicking out complete guns at a rate of about 300 a month and uppers at about twice that rate.

It is possible that they are getting their components from more than one supplier. We do. Also, my info is current as of a couple of weeks ago. They may have only made 5 guns in May as far I know.

Stephen
    ===================================================

Steve,
    PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION:

when you were there, did you see any real manufactureing (lathes, mills or CNC machines operating) or merely an assembly line ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4 Colt View Post
    ===================================================

Steve,
    PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION:

when you were there, did you see any real manufactureing (lathes, mills or CNC machines operating) or merely an assembly line ??
    Is there something I need to know about here? Do you have an agenda against LWRC? Have you tried, oh I don't know, calling them and asking about the status of their .499?

To answer your question; Little bit of both. They definitely have the equipment necessary to produce in house to some degree, but a lot of the parts are out-sourced to subcontractors. It's not like getting the KAC tour where there are dozens and dozens of CNC machines.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    Little bit of both. They definitely have the equipment necessary to produce in house to some degree, but a lot of the parts are out-sourced to subcontractors. It's not like getting the KAC tour where there are dozens and dozens of CNC machines.

Stephen
    That concurs with what I was told; they have the machines and equipment, but not the operators.

Feedback Score

Here you go...

At ~00:30 into this video you can get a glimpse of the small manufacturing area with several CNC machines, lathes, etc. It was shot last winter for SHOT Show 07 and they have expanded it a little.

http://www.lwrifles.com/Video/LWRC_VIDEO.wmv

Feedback Score
    Stephen, I don't think the guy has any "agenda" after all, he's a customer of theirs and is happy with his purchase. Seems to me, he's just trying to get a feel from site members whether anyone knows anything about the 499?

Manufacturers are sometimes less than forthcoming when the questions are difficult to answer.

Just my .02!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Stephen, I don't think the guy has any "agenda" after all, he's a customer of theirs and is happy with his purchase. Seems to me, he's just trying to get a feel from site members whether anyone knows anything about the 499?

Manufacturers are sometimes less than forthcoming when the questions are difficult to answer.

Just my .02!
    You're right. I apologize for my accusatory tone.

I still think the best bet is to contact LWRC and ask them about it. 'M4 Colt', please let us know if you find out anything new on the .499 status.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    Moose, thank you sir for that observation, you are correct.

Steve, please check your PM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast