Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LWRC .499

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    M4 Colt - consider this a friendly warning that we will not tolerate insulting behaviours to our Staff, Moderators or members.

Futhermore this site will not support any further issues of the PLW fiasco.

-Kev
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Does anyone know exactly where all the uppers are going?

I haven't seen any on the open market, since Shooter's Paradise burned down.

Err...I take that back, I saw one at VA Arms too I think.

A really cool story though: I got to handle LWRC Rifle #1. Which was on demo at Potomac Arms before they closed down. It had the basic 499LWR upper on it with the 4 way rail gas block and 360 degree muzzle brake.

I liked their later creations, without the 4 way rail block, and the longer Grenadier rails.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Does anyone know exactly where all the uppers are going? what uppers are you refering to ? LWRC ? .499s ? or 5.56mm ?

I haven't seen any on the open market, since Shooter's Paradise burned down.

Err...I take that back, I saw one at VA Arms too I think.

A really cool story though: I got to handle LWRC Rifle #1. Which was on demo at Potomac Arms before they closed down. It had the basic 499LWR upper on it with the 4 way rail gas block and 360 degree muzzle brake.

I liked their later creations, without the 4 way rail block, and the longer Grenadier rails.
    got any photos of the "later creations" ??

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Once it was made common knowledge, by the owners of AR15.com and by the board of LWRC, that there was a running scam @ Leitner-Wise, I deleted those pictures off my hosting @ TOS.

I had hosted them for "hipfiredgun", aka PLW, for a discussion on the 458 SOCOM vs. 499LW.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Once it was made common knowledge, by the owners of AR15.com and by the board of LWRC, that there was a running scam @ Leitner-Wise, I deleted those pictures off my hosting @ TOS.

I had hosted them for "hipfiredgun", aka PLW, for a discussion on the 458 SOCOM vs. 499LW.
    ""I deleted those pictures off my hosting @ TOS.""

what a shame, those photos would be very interesting to see, so how did the .458 fair with the .499 ??

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4 Colt View Post
    ....so how did the .458 fair with the .499 ??
    Corbon and others make ammo for the 458 SOCOM.

Teppojutsu, Tromix, SSK Industries, AR15Barrels.com, and Rock River Arms will sell you uppers in 458 SOCOM.

Projectiles for 458 SOCOM are readily available in just about any configuration you'd like. After all they are just 45-70 rifle bullets.

Brass is available from Starline, and several of their distributors.

Dies are available from Hornady and CH4D.

Load development spreadsheets are widely available from Marty ter Weeme and others.

I think this thread speaks for itself, as to how the 499LW is doing.

Feedback Score
    what is your opinion of the .50 Beowulf ?

or

the new .450 BM ?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The .50 Beo is widely available, yet still semi-dependent on Alexander Arms' timetables. Which in some cases can create backlogs of needs.

However, with the success of the 500 S&W, there has been a huge influx of projectiles for the Beowulf.

Cabela's sells the uppers and ammo.

The 45 Bushmaster ammo is being produced by Hornady, which could end up being a Godsend for BM. I personally think it was a bad idea to base a high capacity case rifle round, on a pistol projectile.

Yet there it is....

Feedback Score
    I personally think it was a bad idea to base a high capacity case rifle round, on a pistol projectile.

Yet there it is....
    i agree, i have written to several bullet mfgrs. and requested a .50 cal. bullet with a longer ogive for use in semi-auto feeders such as the AR-15, i have even gone so far as to make a set of swaging dies to reshape the ogive on the Rainier .50 cal. 335 G. bullet, the feeding in rapid fire is greatly improved.., but only a damn fool like me will rapid fire a .50......., or in my case a .499LWR

Feedback Score
    I wish they would have produced that high capacity mag for the .499. They were trying a quad stack style design to get 25 to 30 rounds in a standard size mag. Would have been cool...

Spooky

PS - I like my .458 SOCOM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast